Thursday, December 11, 2008

CHRISTMAS CARDS FROM THE WHITE HOUSE

For the past 8 years my sister, Patty, has received a Christmas card from President and Mrs. Bush. She doesn't know how she got on the mailing list but it is always fun to see that envelope with the return address saying THE WHITE HOUSE WASHINGTON D.C. 20500 on there.

The above card is the official 2008 Christmas card from the White House. It's the last one that President and Mrs. Bush will send from there.

The front is the view from the Truman Balcony at the White House.

Inside it says:

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

May your heart and home be filled with the joys of the holiday season 2008

George Bush Laura Bush

The above card is the 2007 Christmas card they sent.

It is the East Colonnade at the White House 2007

Inside it says:

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. NEHEMIAH 9:6 NIV

May the joy of all creation fill your heart this blessed season 2007

George Bush Laura Bush

The above is the Oval Office in December at the White House 2006.

Inside it says:

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

May the light of the season shine bright in your heart now and in the new year 2006.

George Bush Laura Bush

The 2005 card was The Jackson Magnolia with Barney, Miss Beazley and India Bush at the White House 2005.
Inside it says:
The Lord is my strength and my shield; In Him my heart trusts; So I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him. PSALM 28:7 RSV


With best wishes for a holiday season of hope and happiness 2005
George Bush Laura Bush

This shows the Red Room at the White House 2004.
Inside it says:
Let us come before Him with Thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song. PSALM 95:2 NIV


May songs of joy fill your home with warmth and your heart with happiness this holiday season 2004
George Bush Laura Bush
The card above is the Diplomatic Reception Room at the White House 2003.
Inside says:
You have granted me life and loving kindness; and your care has preserved my spirit. JOB 10:12 NASB


May you celebrate the joys of faith, family, and friendship this holiday season and always 2003.
George Bush Laura Bush
In 2002 the card showed the 1938 Steinway piano in the Grand Foyer at the White House 2002.
Inside it says:
For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations. PSALMS 100:5


May love and peace fill your heart and home durning this holiday season and throughout the year 2002.
George Bush Laura Bush
In 2001 the card showed The White House 2nd floor corridor with Mary Cassatt's 1908 painting Young Woman and Two Children.
Inside it says:
Thy face, Lord, do I seek: I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! PSALM 27:13 RSV


May Happiness be yours durning this season of goodwill and may the New Year bring peace on Earth 2001.
George Bush and Laura Bush


I sure hope this year won't be the last year my sister gets these cards. I think I enjoy them as much as she does.

I'm sure many many people get these same cards but,we don't know anyone who does. So, each year we always make a big deal about how important Patty must be to get these cards. It's something we look forward to every year.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the cards the White House sends out.

Photobucket

8 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Thanks, I DID enjoy seeing all of the cards, each one beautiful.
The message inside is even better.
Lidy

Darlene said...

How cool is that!?!!

Glenda said...

There all pretty. With great messages

Did she contribute to the president ?



Ciao

Gone said...

How neat to "accidentally" get on that mailing list!! Very pretty cards!!

I have a Give-Away going on right now, stop by and sign up!!! See our NEW blog!

Catherine said...

Nice cards and pretty pieces of history.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne
For some reason I had 18 comments waiting for me at blogger. I do not use that site so I'm thanking you for the comment you posted in Nov. on it.
I clicked on my little icon you have and it does not take you to my true site, not sure why.
I have to reply to lovely commenters so off I go.
Claudie from Canada
P.S. Cards from the Bush Family how cool?

Victoria Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing, I've never seen the White House cards before. I love that they put a Bible verse on their cards! Wishing you a joyous holiday weekend!
Blessings,
Victoria Lynn

Lady Katherine said...

What a wonderful thing for you to share! So special! I just loved reading and looking at them thank you so much for sharing your sister's cards! I got to go to DC two years ago and loved knowing the sites on the cards, made it so special for me.