Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

Today I was going to post more stuff about Christmas. But then I got an email with URGENT as the subject.

Quickly I opened the email and read the plea asking if there was any way I could take some time out of my day to go to the pound and rescue four little dogs that were going to be put down if I couldn't make it.


Thankfully I was able to do so. Now these four dogs will be able to say "I'll be home for Christmas".

I got up early and picked up this little guy. He couldn't weigh more then 2 or 3 pounds.

Poor guy has an infection that is making him lose all his fur. He was so cold as all the dogs at the pound are in outside cages.

This sweet little one has a broken pelvis and since the pound doesn't do any type of medical care of the animals this sweet little thing was actually going to be put down yesterday. With several phone calls, emails and pleading we were able to find a vet that was willing to do the surgery.

So thankfully this little one will get better and live a happy life.

This darling little one also had a skin condition that caused not only major itching but pain. His whole under side is a flaming red. You could just tell it had to hurt so bad.

But, now he is getting treatment and will have a nice warm bed to sleep in.



This little one had kennel cough. With meds and some extra love she will be as good as ever in no time.

It's so sad to see these loving animals being mistreated and dumped at the pound. There they have only a few days to find a home or be put to sleep.

Even though they have been neglected, abused, injured or are sick they still have so much love to share. They still want to trust you and have you love them.

I am so thankful for all the rescue places out there. They not only save the life by getting them out of the pound but they provide all medical treatment and will never put the animals down. They will either find a loving home for them to live at or they keep them.

So please, if you ever get a chance to adopt a dog, donate money or give some of your time to any rescue I hope you do. You will not only be helping to save a life but you will find your heart is over flowing with joy.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Photobucket
P.S. I think I didn't explain myself correctly. I did not keep these dogs. I only picked them up and drove them to Oceanside which is about an hour away from me. There is another wonderful lady, Rebecca, who is the one who finds the homes and gets them all the medical treatment.
I would love to be a place that could rescue dogs. However, I don't have the space and I don't think my two dogs would take kindly to having several other dogs around.
My part in the rescue is a tiny one. Yet I'm still pleased I can help out whenever possible.

11 comments:

Glenda said...

I would love to transport doggies to a better life. I wonder if they have an agency up around me.

My friend and I went to the Humane Society yesterday. She is considering adoption. They come in all sizes. Even the fierce ones got love. I am such a fool when I get in those places. I talk a lot of baby talk and they all warm up to me.

I do hope we can find a dog for her I'd even help her with the adoption fee if needed. She lost her dog a few years ago, and whenever she comes over here my dogs love her all over.

I could go on and on. I would love to be able to take them all.

Happy Christmas

Just A Girl said...

Ah! Sweet little puppies. I'm glad to know you were able to rescue them. Looks like you'll have a toasty fuzzy Christmas. Enjoy the day!

xo Cori

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Ahhhh, I am so glad you were able to rescue them, it makes me cry! If I could I would bring them all home with me! Merry Christmas and give those sweet babies lots of hugs and kisses.
Hugs~Kelly

w00ts up said...

What a great gift you gave these pups. Even if you can't take them home, you still helped them get what they needed. It's so hard to see all these furry friends so helpless. I know my house has become the cat house for all the strays and two now live here. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! You are an angel in puppies' eyes!

cherry said...

What sweethearts! That is how we got our Riley and our kitty last Jan. We have had them now almost year...and they have brought such JOY to our lives. Merry Christmas, cherry

Gone said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

~Blessings,
Jan & Tom

Michelle said...

What a wonderful, wonderful story. I am so thankful for those who are like you out there. I am definitely going to donate my time to a mission for animals whether it be rescue, help out at a facility, etc. Thank you so much for rescuing these adorable little guys. You saved their lives...you should feel very special. I just saw the movie Marley and Me tonight...ohmigod, I cried and cried...even though Marley had such a wonderful home. There are so many animals out there that don't even get a wonderful chance at life like Marley but you have made it possible. I admire you very much. :) Merry, merry Christmas!!

Donna said...

You already know that I think you're an angel for doing this kind of work, Joanne... But I'm going to tell you again - you're an angel!! I love it when you post these 'transport' stories on your blog... It's so good to hear about the precious pups that are getting another chance to finding their 'forever homes.' God bless the vet that is going to help out that poor baby with the broken pelvis... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Tammy M. said...

What a special blog post. I am thankful for people who take the time and energy to look out for these sweet pups.
Glad you liked Marley and Me!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!

The work you do to save dogs lives is incredible! You may look at it that you're only the transportation but without it the link to saving lives would fail.

So I'll say it for them, "Thank you dear lady for helping save us!"

Big hugs, Sherry

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love you for what you do! You make our world a better place and I know anyone who reads about what you do feels the same. Thank you! Just to know there are people like you out there helping ...there are no words.
Mona