Thursday, October 1, 2009

QUICK, CHEAP, HALLOWEEN IDEA

I saw these darling little Halloween gifts at the store the other day. I had to pick some up for a Halloween luncheon I'm going to have in a few weeks.

Once I got them home and took a better look at them I saw how easy they would be to make.

I think this would be a cute idea to make these and send them to school with your child or even take them to work and hand them out. Nothing like spreading a little Halloween Cheer.


This little Mummy is so cute. I love the little eyes. Do you know what he is?


Inside the gauze that is wrapped around him is a package of Starburst. Of course you could really use any candy bar.


Just get some gauze and wrap around the candy. Glue some little eyes on, stick him in a cello bag and tie with a black rose.

What could be easier?


Now these would take a bit more time.

The Happy Haunting ones are actually a little bag that was sewn up. The Happy Haunting was embroidered on and the little ghost is a scrap booking brad.


I was thinking you could make these without sewing if you just got that iron stitch tape. Then you could even write on the bag rather then embroider it.


Again, this was made with a Starburst package inside but you could put any candy bar in there.

Just slip it in the cello bag and tie with the black rose.


I'm going to use these for little favors at the table.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sometimes It's Good said...

Those are really cute! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Susan

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Those are very cute! I may do something like that for my Bunco group :0)
Joanne! I have something interesting I would like you to hear. I know you and I share that "interest". Send me your email and I'll forward the evp to you.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

check your email :)

Colored With Memories said...

those are really cute...and they have so many colors of gauze these days that i can see all sorts of holiday crafts springing from this little idea.

thanks for sharing!

kerry