Friday, October 16, 2009

MAKING MY OWN GOODIE BAGS

Part of planning for a party is the budget. When it comes to children's parties most people try to spend as little as possible while getting the most bang for your buck.

With Trinity's upcoming Pirate Party just days away now, I was trying to find some cute but cheap goodie bags.

I found darling little Pirate Loot bags and ones that looked like Pirate money pouches. Yet they cost way to much money at $3.99 each.

With 24 kids coming that would have cost me over $100 just for something to put the goodies in! YIKES! To much for my wallet.

So I searched the party supply store and came upon these bags. There were not enough of one color so I went with 1/2 in red and 1/2 in black.

They were 49 cents each. Much better!

Though they were so plain. Just not up to my standards. So I thought and thought about what I could do to perk them up without costing me anything.

Into my boxes of items I searched and I came upon ribbon. So I took red, black and white ribbon and tied it to the handle.

Cute but still not very Pirate looking.

So I got some colored paper and printed off a picture I found on the Internet and came up with these...

Cute little bags with a Pirate theme that didn't cost much money at all.

Plus, no one will have seen anything like these before as they are homemade and my own idea.

So really, all it takes is some time and thinking and you too can come up with party ideas for pennies on the dollar.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Connie said...

Well, ya did a fantastic job of making them, chick! I think they're cute and imaginative....
xoxo,
Connie

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne -

Thanks for the hug, I needed it! Your kind words & prayers are appreciated so much.

Your party bags turned out great. I'm going to remember your method for that. And the skeleton napkin rings made me laugh! much needed!

Hugs, Sherry

Debbie said...

Wow...what a fabulous idea! I think making your own must have given you such a feeling of accomplishment! You saved money, were extremely creative, and poured all kinds of love into it...way to go! You are very clever.:)

Cottage Rose said...

What a great idea you came up with.. love how you did the bags... I am sure every one will love them...

Hugs;
Alaura