Tuesday, October 6, 2009

THE ELLEN SHOW!


Today was a fun day. My two sisters, Patty & Maureen and our dear friend Brian and I went to see a taping of the Ellen Show.

Not only were we lucky enough to get tickets but once we got there we found out we got ticket numbers 5,6,7 & 8. So only four people were going to get in before us.


Brian is visiting here from Branson Missouri. He extended his stay just so he could join us today.

He is so funny and kept us in stitches all day. He also is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Everyone who has ever met him just adores him.


We couldn't bring our cameras inside so I'll only be able to show you what happened while we waited to get it.

Ellen tapes at the Warner Brother Studios. You park across the street and then wait in a waiting area until it's closer to the taping time and then they take you across the street.


While waiting, music is playing and they have the staff talking to you and keeping it lively by entertaining us.

Should you get hungry they have a little cart with snacks and you can even buy "Ellen water". Several people bought the water just to take home as a souvenir.

We did!

They also have several flat screen TVs set up and they show you the Ellen show that is going to be showing on that day.


Here is a better look at the water. It's hard to read but it says "Ellen Water, it tastes funny".


This is the door that leads you inside to the studio where the taping take place.

No photos are allowed once you enter here.

You walk through a hall way and then into the Riff Raf room. There is also an Ellen gift shop there with t-shirts, hats, Ellen underwear, mugs, shot glasses and all things Ellen.

After that you go upstairs and then you are in the studio. It's really cold inside and the music is really loud.

We saw Ellen Page. She was in Juno and now is in Whip It with Drew Barrymore. Also, Kevin Nealon from Sat. Night Live and Michael Franti & Spearhead sang Say Hey, I love you.

Ellen was very friendly and would wave and of course, dance durning the commercials. She also stayed after and talked to us and thanked us for coming.

She seems like a very nice person. Very down to Earth.


We all got to take home a BlackBerry Curve with 6 months free service with T Mobile.


Also Michael Franti's new CD. I have to be honest and admit I had no idea who this guy was.

However, I did really like the song he sang. He got the whole crowd up on their feet and clapping and singing along.

The time flew by and before we knew it our time was up and it was time to leave.

They did let us go to the shop there. It's for staff members and the prices were super good!

Then we got back to the parking lot, got in our car and went out to dinner. We had a lot of laughs and a great time, which we got to talk about over a great meal.

I can't wait to go again some day.
The show we saw is going to be Wed, Oct 7th so be sure to watch it. Maybe you will see us!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Joanne! How fun! Glad you had a great time. I'm hoping to take my hubbs to a taping as an anniversary present. WE always try to outdo the other when it comes to Anniversary gifts and he has no idea I'd even think of a taping.
Did you share the EVP? Just wondering what others thought. Thanks.

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

How fun! I haven't been to a taping since DWTS 2 years ago.

Did you get the tickets that day or did your order them ahead of time?

Sometimes It's Good said...

Hi Joanne, You're always doing fun stuff!
Hugs, Susan

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Joanne,
Wow, what a great time and a very special day.
I love the Ellen show.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Donna said...

Well darn it all, I'm behind on my blog reading so I didn't see this until just now :( I would have watched it this morning if I'd know. I love Ellen... Donna

Glenda said...

Ok, I am officially jealous of this. Your having entirely too much fun.

Are you going to use your blackberry ?


I am so bad these days with my blog. I haven't posted anything lately.


Ciao

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Waht fun this must have been Joanne! Ellen is a hoot!

I've been to a few NYC TV shows ( The View, Martha Stewart) but it is so hard to get tickets to shows like Saturday Night LIve or Letterman.

Glad you all had a nice time ..it was nice "meeting" your sisters!