Thursday, October 22, 2009

THE GHOST OF HALLOWEEN PAST


Last year I thought was a fun theme for Halloween.

Trinity was a witch and we thought a fun theme to match that would be black and white. After all, the "witch" wore black.



All the decorations were black and white. No color this year. It was almost like stepping into a black and white movie.


Oh this poor witch needs to eat a bit more candy. She is looking a bit thin.


I love how the table came out. I think I'm going to have to use this theme again some time.

Oh who am I kidding! I never use the same theme twice. Maybe bits and pieces can be used but never the whole thing together.


I could go with ghosts, spiders, graveyards or a host of several other themes...but never black and white again!

Hey! I think I just thought of next years theme....GRAVEYARDS! Now that sounds fun.

I bet people would DIE to get an invitation to that party. LOL.


Even the cupcakes got the black and white touch with spider web icing.

I can't wait to see how this year's Pirate theme turns out. It's only a few days away now. This weekend is the big day.

I can't believe I spend a year planning for these parties. How long do you take to plan your parties?

I do like getting the theme ahead of time though and that way I can look for great buys at the after Halloween sales and pick up things throughout the year at Thrift shops and garage sales.

Maybe one day I'll go to my storage area and take pictures to show you all of the Halloween stuff I have. It's like a big store. A really big store.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You throw such great parties. Trinity will have wonderful memories to cherish when she is grown.
Can I come be your niece?

Donna said...

You're so funny, Joanne... You should be a professional party planner. There are a lot of people (like me) who totally lack the imagination to come up with all the themes, centerpieces, decorations, food, etc. that you do. So how long does it take me to plan a party? Not long for the above-stated reasons!! Have a blast at the party this weekend!... Donna

Realtor in Toronto said...

You're very well prepared. I usually don't plan parties so long before. However, if I make a party it's only for close friends and family. I like the idea of making black and white theme. I just miss pumpkins. I think they're classical Halloween decoration but on the other hand they are usually orange. Thanks for inspiration for next year.

Take care,
Julie

Debbie said...

What a great idea!! I love the black and white! I have never seen that before....how clever!

Tamara Jansen said...

Wow, that looks amazing!