Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CHRISTMAS WREATHS

Wreaths have always been a part of my Christmas decor. I love wreaths. It's often hard to decide which kind of wreath to have every year.

This is a wreath I made. It's pretty traditional. With pine as the base, berries, ribbons, apples and poinsettias. The traditional red and green colors.

I do love the ribbon I used. It's a red velvet with Merry Christmas written in gold.

So traditional it was for me this year. But below are some wonderful wreaths I found that I may copy for next year wreath.

This darling vintage button wreath in red and white would be super easy to make. Just get that glue gun out and have at it.


A gum drop wreath would be perfect for a "Visions of Sugar Plum" Christmas theme.



I just adore this one made out of vintage Santas.


A wreath made of ribbons would be a thrift way to change your look and not spend an arm and a leg. Just save your ribbon from this years gift.


Or how about this beautiful wreath that is dripping with vintage rhinestone jewelry!



An old tinsel wreath would be cute with my other vintage decorations.



I just love, love, love this wreath and wish I could make one like it. Sadly, I don't have all these pretty vintage ornaments. So I'll have to just dream about this one.

What about you? What kind of a wreath do you put up? Is it the same one every year or do you make/buy new ones?

I can't believe Christmas is almost here already!

I'm excited about having several of you fellow bloggers signing up to join in the diet and exercise program in Jan. Together we can do it!


Maybe we should have a button on our blog so others can see it and join us if they like. What do you think? Would you post a button on your side bar if I made one?
Photobucket

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the fun wreath ideas! I love the rhinestone one! It's FABULOUS DAH-ling!!! Your wreath with the poinsettias and red velvet ribbon is very pretty, too! :)

Connie said...

Ohmygosh, I love them all but the one with the rhinestone jewelry is one 2die4, sweetpea!! It's exquisite......
Smooches and Merry Christmas,
Connie

Sometimes It's Good said...

I love the button wreath! Really cute and different!

Glenda said...

I like more than one of those, so I'd have to have one for every door in the house. The rhinestone one is over the moon.

CIao

Unknown said...

I just love the button one! I'll have to make one someday?

Mistress Meeyee said...

Such pretty wreaths!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Joanne!

Thansk for your good wishes on the birth of my grandson! He came at a busy time, but the best, of the year :-)

I love the gumdrop wreath --I'd want to eat that --lol!

HUgs, Pat

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Those wreaths are all just simply beautiful.

We wish you and your family a very joyful and Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Brook

cherry said...

I love the button one! Soo adorable...that could def. be used for Valentines day! I saw a gorgeous one I wnated to try with rolled up sheet music too. Merry Christmas. cherry

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh my, can you imagine what it would cost to make that gorgeous rhinestone wreath??? I'd love to do it, but would hate to use up a life time's stash of jewels!!

suzanne said...

I love this ornament wreath. I wanted to try and make one but didnt have the vintage ornaments. Oh fooey!
suzanne

Donna said...

Oh, I may have to make one of those tinsel/vintage angel wreaths! I'd also love to have the vintage ornament wreaths (but lack the vintage ornaments!!)... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage