Friday, December 12, 2008

CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

I've been doing my Christmas decorating slowly and stretching it out. I'm enjoying every minute of unwrapping my decorations, placing them in just the right spot and seeing everything come together.

Since my bedroom is most done in blues I decided to go with that color in there.

I made the little blue glitter house.



I love to use my collection of vintage photographs of children and Santa Claus. The one in this photo is my all time favorite as it is my sister, Patty, and my brother, Gene. That photo was taken at Macy's in New York in 1948.



The little girl in this photo is my cousin. It was taken in Los Angeles in 1953. I also placed some of the vintage mini silver Shiny Brite ornaments next to the frame and tied some on top of the jar, so I can remember my aunt who left them to me.

Christmas always brings with it memories of those we love. Family that we share our life with and loved ones who are no longer with us.

I think it's a great time to decorate not only with beautiful items but with items that are full of memories. Memories full of the love from the past and love that is still to be shared.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, I love the blue and white! It's so fresh looking! Thank you so much for all your nice comments! You really know just the right things to say to make me feel really good! I really appreciate that!

Glenda said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, I love the blues. I have seen so many trees and things in blues this year. Is that the house Patty got upset about with the glitter ?
It turned out really pretty.

Ciao

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Joanne
I love the little blue glitter house you made. It's gorgeous. What is it made of?
Thanks for sharing your precious picture memories.
Lindsay

Connie said...

I truly love that shade of blue, sweeptea. It simply looks lovely.
Smooches,
connie

Cottage Rose said...

I so agree with you Joanne; I love the blue and all the pretties you have done. The photos are so precious.

have a great weekend.

hugs'
Alaura

Lady Katherine said...

Its just wonderful! So pretty!

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Joanne, I love the little house you made! It is so cute and really looks vintage. Everything looks so pretty.

Suzanne said...

I love what you have done! The little house you made is tooo sweet. And I love how you added all your special family touches. That's what makes it all so special! Very pretty!

~Suzanne
www.sugarloafcottage.blogspot.com

Lorilee said...

The whole vignette is beautiful. How wonderful to have those photos!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Donna said...

I love how you have those special Santa photos displayed in those pretty white frames - and the blue glass balls and the little blue glitter house... Oh my goodness, it is beautiful, Joanne! I can't wait to start decorating! (Maybe today - FINALLY!!!)... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Unknown said...

Joanne, it takes a special talent to be able to make a beautiful Christmas vignette that is not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but sentimentally sweet as well! You've done a beautiful job! Love the blue and white together and the photos in the lovely white frames are lovely! :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!

Your blue & white looks fabulous!!
You have such an eye for decoration!
I LOVE to see nontraditional colors used like that.

I really enjoyed your post on the White House Christmas Cards! my favorite is the one with their dogs on the lawn in the snow. How cute!

Happy holidays sweetie!
Hugs, Sherry

Barbara Jean said...

I love your blue decor!!
Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing it.

Barbara Jean