Sunday, December 7, 2008

CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES

I love cupcakes! Don't you? They just seem so much easier to make then big cakes. Plus, each one is like it's only little mini cake that you don't have to share with anyone else.

I was looking through Flickr to get some ideas for decorating cupcakes durning the holiday season and found these. I thought they were so cute I just had to share them with you.

I love the Mr. and Mrs. Santa!

These would be darling to take to share with your child's classroom.


When I first saw these cupcakes decorated as tree ornaments I fell in love.

Really the sky is the limit with these. You could make them to match the tree decorations at your house. Put these in a box with tissue around them and they will look like real ornaments.



Oh you know I love glitter so of course I loved the blue cupcake with the sugar glitter on it. Looks like snow sparkling.


Being I am a snowman collectors these really caught my eye.


Look at all these cute cupcakes! They are made using fondant rather then buttercream icing. For those of you who don't know what fondant is, it is a rollable sugar dough that you use to decorate cakes with. You can cut and shape fondant like play-do. Not everyone likes the taste of fondant but you put a layer of buttercream under it and then if you don't like the taste you can just pull the fondant off.


I like the detail of this holly wreath.

I like the way they cut the fondant with a ruffled cookie cutter so there is some movement to these cute cupcakes.



This is little jolly snowman makes me smile.


Look at the expressions on these darling elves.


These little Mr. & Mrs. reindeer are just darling!

I hope you if you have any cupcakes to make this holiday season you will share them with us too. There are so many cute was to decorate them.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Mistress Meeyee said...

Almost too cute to eat!I would still eat them but I might get a few pictures first.I wish I could make cupcakes like those but I am not so good with decorating cakes.All of the decorators that did these cute cupcakes have great talent.Now,go make some and send me a dozen.

Sometimes It's Good said...

Joanne, those cupcakes are the cutest things. I loved the ones with the snowmen on top (standing up).

Darlene said...

Those are the cutest cupcakes and people are just so talented to be able to decorate them that way!!! HOW CUTE!!

Unknown said...

These are very cute cupcakes! Thanks for sharing! :)

Cottagecheap said...

did u get ur package?

Unknown said...

Don't you just LOVE Flickr for inpsiration! LOVE the cupcakes, I plan on making some Christmas cupcakes and blogging about them soon! Enjoyed catching on your lovely blog, gotta try those snowball cookies too! Blessings!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Some people are talented with what they can transform a Humble cupcake into,eh?

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Joanne,
I bet you can make great cupcakes like the ones you showed!!!
I made the Tea cake cookies with your recipe for the party and they are so much better than my recipe. Thanks:) I'll use your recipe from now on.
Cute Snowman box you made...you have been one busy gal:)
Off to read more blogs
Merry Christmas.
Deb

Lorilee said...

OH so cute. I love to decorate with fondant. It takes me back to my childhood and playing with playdough! I don't care for the taste. I always frost with butter cream first!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Kathy said...

I adore cupcakes, little bits of art, heaven and sugar! Off to look for more!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'd love any one of those cupcakes at my table-wow!