Sunday, February 15, 2009

A LITTLE R & R

I love to take time out of the day to sit down and enjoy reading my favorite magazines. To just relax and enjoy escaping into pages filled with beauty, yummy recipes and great ideas.

So I was excited when the new premiere magazine from Sandra Lee Semi~Homemade showed up in my mailbox today.


There is something so special about lighting the candles (yes, even in the day time) and taking time out just for yourself.

Having pretty crystal around also helps to set the mood. What good is having pretty things if you never use them. Who says you have to wait for company to get the nice things out.


I like to sit out in the dinning room because the room is surrounded by large windows letting in lots of natural light.

I also like to pour myself a nice glass of diet coke and have a little snack to munch on while I read.



Today my snack was a healthy one. A mix of cashews, almonds and dried cranberries. I placed it in a lovely antique dish that I love. Once again using the things I love and not just keeping them in storage.

Did you even know Sandra Lee had a magazine out?

Now I know most people either love or hate Sandra Lee and her Semi~Homemade. I happen to be one that loves her.

Not only for her fast recipes (though I have tried several and all have been really good) but more so for her table decorating ideas.

I love using themes and so does she. Setting a table pretty and making everything look nice just makes everything so pleasant. It really becomes more about your surroundings then what you are eating.

There are some fun stories in her magazine. She talks about painting things that once was "junk" and making them new and useful again. Sounds like many of my blog friends!

Oh now who couldn't use this article?

There is a little bit of her beautiful tablescapes that I love.

Well, I've finished my snack and diet coke and turned the last page of the magazine.

Time to blow out the candles, pick up my stuff and get back to real life.

That was nice.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

Thanks Joanne, for this relaxing post. I got myself a diet coke and sat down to read it. Your table looks wonderful and I so enjoy the crystal candlestick holders. xxoo

Unknown said...

LOL! As a fellow dietcoke-a-holic I am currently drinking mine while I read your post. I just had it there, LOL! Glad you enjoyed your break! :)

Donna said...

I absolutely love all the natural light you have in your dining room, Joanne! What a great place to relax and thumb through a new magazine! That snack looked yummy, too!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Hi Joanne, Please let me know if your offer still stands to make the Breakfast at Tiffany's cake. I'm meeting with my friends to finalize party plans on Tues and the party is this Sunday.

Thanks again!
Donna

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Joanne!

That is my idea of a relaxing time. I love looking through a new magazine with a diet coke. What could be better? I love Sandra Lee - I will have to check out her magazine!

Thanks!

Jen

VintageSage said...

Oh I love this post Joanne! I just want to come over and sit and enjoy the new magazine, ambiance and that diet coke with you. :) I must get that new magazine!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us join you, it was very very nice.

Hugs,
Chris

Melissa Lester said...

I need to pick up that magazine. I have always loved Sandra Lee, but especially after seeing a chefography about her life. It was so fascinating, and it made me appreciate her creativity and outlook that much more.