Wednesday, October 13, 2010

BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN RERUN

Do not adjust the color on your screen! What you are going to see is in true, real life color...or lack of color! Ha ha ha!!!

This tablescape was from a few years ago but, since I'm running way behind on my Halloween decorating, I thought I would show it again. I'm sure there are several of you who have not yet seen it.



Halloween was done all in Black and White. Spooky ghost glasses and spider web plates greeted the guests.



I used a black tablecloth and then I took some white gauze and tea stained it, cut it up and used as a runner.



Each place setting had a little ghost sucker. It's made by taking a Tootsie Pop and covering it with white tissue paper, a ribbon tied around the neck and a face drawn on it.

There was also a little black and white popper at each setting that was filled with candy.

I made those by wrapping empty toilet paper rolls with white tissue paper and then black and white scrapbook paper, tied the ends off with black ribbon and they were set to go.



Black roses and glittery words added a bit of "glamour" to the tablescape. Yes, that is a white rat running across the table. YIKES!

Even the candy was black and white in shapes of skulls and bones.

I love this tablescape and think it is one of my favorite Halloween ones I've done. The best part was it was very inexpensive to put together.

Most items came from Target or the Dollar Store.



Even the cupcakes were black and white and were on a black spider web serving tray.

It's been awhile since I've joined in the fun over at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday, so I'm joining in this week.

Please stop by and see all the cute tablescapes. You will have fun, I promise.



Photobucket

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh- I love it! Love the ghost cups. Great style!!!!

Funny in My Mind said...

Fantastic! I love every bit of it and it cost you very little (although it looks like a million bucks!)

Unknown said...

I hadn't see it! I love the black and white theme and the little ghosts are so cute! I especially love those sweet cupcakes... Yum!

RaineyGhoul!

Jacqueline said...

You and I got the same witchy email that said Halloween was black and white this week. I loved yours, so many cute and unusual details. Hope you have a fun party. Come check mine out!

Debby S. said...

Just love the black and white. Those plates are the BEST! All the detail is just wonderful!!!

Debbie Kay said...

You are sooooo creative Joanne. I miss you & think about you often.

Love ya,

Debbie Kay

Tricia said...

Good to have you joining the fun again, Joanne! Great table -- and now I'm craving one of those darling cupcakes!

Alycia Nichols said...

You did a great job...white rat and all!!! Those cupcakes look really terrific! Good job! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Joanne, Your table is filled with such good ideas! I remember making ghosts like those when we were kids--wrapping gauze or cotton around a lollipop. And the candy poppers are so easy, and I have been looking for a good halloween table covering--what a good idea you had! Happy Haunting! Linda

Dreamgoddess said...

What a great Halloween table! I think the white rat is my favorite.

Entertaining Women said...

An original take on a Halloween tablescape. The black and white gives it makes it a sophisticated creepy table...in a good way! Thank you for sharing your spooky table. Cherry Kay

American Homemaker said...

I love it! Very cool!