Tuesday, September 23, 2008

QUICK, EASY, CHEAP HOLIDAY DECOR

I'm sure lots of you already know this little idea. But, some may not have thought of it. I don't know what took me so long to.

A quick, easy and cheap way to add to your holiday decor is to just get a picture frame that you already have and add a postcard or picture you found on the Internet and put it inside.

This is what I have up right now for my Fall picture. I got the frame in the clearance section at TJ Maxx. Then I searched for a Fall theme vintage postcard on the Internet and printed it out, popped it in the frame and now I have a cute little picture to add to my Fall decorations.


This is what I will have for Halloween. It's a reproduction vintage Halloween postcard in another clearance frame from TJ Maxx.


I've already shown you this frame I got for my pink office. For Christmas it will have this sweet little Angel in it. Again, I printed off a copy from the Internet of a Vintage postcard.


I had this real vintage postcard in a frame for Summer.

I love searching out cute pictures now for all the holidays. As long as you are not printing out a picture off the Internet to sell or claiming it's a real vintage postcard you will be fine. No laws are broken.

I know lots of us collect vintage postcards so there should be some great ones you too can frame.

Hugs,

Joanne

23 comments:

Connie said...

I do this a lot....even old calendars when we're through with them after the year. That's why I only buy calendars with pictures of things I like and that would fit in with my decor, sweet chick!! Works quite well.
SMooches,
Connie

Darlene said...

Those make the cutest pictures don't they!?! I have done this too and it is so much fun.

Blogger said...

Great idea, love the Halloween one, so cute :)

Bella

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

I love to do this as well, but your photos/vignettes are lovely!
My fave is the beach girl and starfish.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very cute vintage poastcards Joanne, and a great idea!

Hugs, Pat

Sometimes It's Good said...

They look great! I love vintage postcards and prints.

Lindsay-ann said...

I love your framed pictures. What a great idea. My favorite is the halloween one in the black frame.
Lindsay

Glenda said...

Oh yeah I do this all the time. I have a favorite old postcard site that I love to pull from all the time.

I have even gone on Eaby and done it with some of the pictures on there that their selling.

It's just cheaper.

CIao

Welcome autumn

PS did you get my email w/address ?

Melissa Lester said...

Great idea! Very clever!

Alice said...

What a great idea! I have two empty picture frames just waiting to hold something special. I'm not sure my printer can do as good a job as yours does but I'm definitely going to try!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet comment . Good idea useing post cards . I have a large colection of my Grand parents post cards friends and family mailed them . Not sure what box I put them in but some day I'll display and post them .
Mary

Elizabethd said...

I do this too, with birthday cards that I cant bear to lose!

Kim's Treasures said...

I like doing these projects too!

Tootsie said...

very cute idea!

Attic Clutter said...

HI Diane..
Oh those are so cute framed up what a difference a frame can make (:) great post..hugs, Patty

Attic Clutter said...

JOANNE>>(:)

wow 30 years .. that is a while forsure..

I have lived in the same town and these gals have either stayed here too or moved back years ago..so our getting together is easy(:) hope you have a great rest of the week.. hugs, Patty

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Ohhhh Joanne,
Just LOVE that decor and I must copy your idea :) Thanks for sharing it and guess that I need to do some looking on the net.
Hugs, Deb :)

Lorilee said...

Great idea! I have a printmaster program for making cards, banners, etc. It has cute vintage style pictures too! I never thought about printing and framing them for decorating!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I do this a lot! I love the idea and it's so wonderful to just be able to swap the picture out for something new when the urge strikes.
I've even framed wrapping paper! LOL!
have a great day!

Unknown said...

I would have never thought of this idea, so thanks for posting! I have a few framed art pieces I put out for Christmas, but I never thought of scattering pictures in frames around the house! They'd make great party favors at people's seats, too!

Cottagecheap said...

Love that little kitty in the pumpkin card!

Ms. Tee said...

These are really cute. I did this a little while back with some cute vintage photos from a website called Vintage Printable.com. It's got some really cute stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Like your home decors, they are so simple but gorgeous.