Sunday, September 7, 2008

A GIRL CAN DREAM CAN'T SHE

Have you ever gone through the catalog or gone to the web site of Victorian Trading Company? They have some beautiful things.

Every time I look at the things they have for sale I start to dream about buying things from them.

Like this wicker cart on wheels. Wouldn't you just love to have something like this to take to the flee market to hold all your treasures you find? I've seen some nice carts on wheels before but nothing like this one!


Oh how I would love to have this for my office. I think it's so romantic looking and could hold lots of little pretties!
This would look so nice in my garden. Just looking at this bench makes me happy.


I think this is darling! Those women of the past knew how to make every things so pretty.

I know I will never buy these things. Only because they are so expensive and I can not afford them. But a girl can dream. So dream I do!

I think it's fine to dream about owning things we see. It's only when we start to lust after them or spend money we don't have to get them that it becomes a problem.

How about you? Do you have a favorite store you like to window shop at or dream about buying their items?

As long as we remember "it's just things" and we can always do without them, we will be fine. So go ahead and dream.

Hugs,
Joanne

9 comments:

Connie said...

Yep, that is one of my favorite catalogs also. It is just so romantic looking.....all of it. Almost like you'd like to live in that catalog! I know exactly what you mean, sweetpea......
Smoochies,
Connie

Glenda said...

I know what you mean. Dreaming doesn't cost anything, unless you make it real.

I was actually lucyk to find an umbrella like that. I think it was made for a doll.

You'll have to go on craigslist and find some of these treasures.

Ciao

Lindsay-ann said...

Beautiful items Joanne. My favorite shop over here is called Laura Ashley. I could buy the whole shop.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I am so learning what is important and "things" are not but I am human and I love having a pretty house. I am just learning to be content.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Cottagecheap said...

Okay...after I get my down payment money safely in savings I will find a way to make that basket thing and do a "how to" for all of us. I have the ideas and figure I can get 'parts' for ten dollars ore less... hmmm?

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Just got my new catalog. I earmark just about every page and say, I really should get that, I don't see that anywhere else...but I have nevered ordered either. They do have really nice items.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Oh how I love to dream too Joanne! I've dreamed of that French market basket for YEARS! But I think dreaming is part of hope. ANd sometimes God surprises us with our heart's desires!!
Hugs, Sherry

Erin said...

Joanne, you are so right! We can dream :0 I am lucky to have one of those baskets - but mine was picked up at a garage sale! It's always a thrill to find something fun like that. Too many catalogs to list and stores I window shop!

Decor To Adore said...

I lover their clothing!