Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU ZUCCHINIS ~ MAKE BREAD!



My sister, Maureen, came over today with some giant zucchinis! She is growing them in her "Victory Garden".

We decided to try out a few different recipes for zucchini bread.

We gathered all the ingredients and got to work.



Just one of the large zucchinis filled up the whole Cuisinart!



Like with most breads, we measured out and sifted the dry ingredients into one bowl.



The wet ingredients into another bowl.



Then combined them together. Adding the nuts at the end.



The first recipe we tried was pretty good. It had great spices in there. Things like cinnamon, cloves and all spice. It smelled like Christmas.

We made four loafs of this kind.



Then we tried another recipe and it had less spices but added in coconut. At first we weren't sure if we would like the coconut with the zucchini or not. But we did. It was great.



In fact, I think I liked the one with the coconut the best. Have you ever made zucchini bread with coconut before?

Do you have a favorite recipe for zucchini bread? If so, please let me know what it is as I would love to try it.

It was so fun to share a day of baking with my sister. I love using things we grow our self and knowing we saved money. Plus, we now have lots of zucchini bread to enjoy.

Photobucket

1 comment:

suzeeez said...

Yum,,,,mmm,,mmm,mmm,mm,mmmmm !