Wednesday, July 28, 2010

FAIR TABLESCAPES

I went to the Orange County Fair today and one of my favorite things there were the tablescapes.

Since it's time for Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch, I thought it would be fun to share them with you.

Some were from the adult entries and some were from the youth entries. Can you tell which is which?
A lovely winter tablescape. Done is silver and whites. This tablescape made me long for the Holidays to hurry up and get here.

I thought this would make a darling tablescape for a group of women who crochet or knit together. Look at the centerpiece. It has balls of yarn mixed in. Very cute.

A polka dot theme puts you in a cheerful mood when you look at this tablescape.


A perfect summer tablescape is one that has a beach theme.



A cute little tablescape that appears to be a big draw for the ants on this tablescape.


This brightly colored tablescapes makes me long for a trip to Hawaii.

Another crisp and cool looking sea side tablescape.

I would love to know where they found the chargers for this tablescape!

A fun outdoor garden feel lends itself to this tablescape.
A tablescape that looks pretty in pink.

If you would like a better look at any of these tablescapes, just click on the photo and it will enlarge for you.

I hope you enjoyed these tablescapes as well as all the ones over at Between Naps on the Porch.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Isn't it fun to see how other people interpret themes? Thanks for taking the time to take these pics -- and share them with us!

Anita Diaz said...

What fun!! I also love to see what other people do. There are some amazing centerpieces there! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by:-)

Splenderosa said...

Goodness, I love the beach & the moss tables the best. Great job!

Dining Delight said...

Thanks for sharing these! My favourites are the silver winter theme and the pretty in pink. I really like the gorgeous centerpiece in the pink one!

DD

Entertaining Women said...

I so enjoy tabletop events. I've been participating in one in our city for about 15 years. There are always so many wonderful ideas represented. Thank you for sharing your experience. Cherry Kay

Celly B said...

It is so fun to see others' creative ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I love those fan shaped placemats on the blue table, and the chargers you pointed out are great too. I'm not sure I would like to eat at the table with all the moss, especially since it looks like it is growing onto the plates! :) I never knew that fairs had tablescaping contests! Thanks for showing us. Linda

bj said...

O, Joanne..these are all so sweet. My favorites are the black and white...(imagine THAT) AND the red.

I just want to say that I think of your brother, Gene, often and still pray for him. I do hope he is doing much better.
xo bj

Marigene said...

The tables are all lovely, but I would have to go with the polka dots, they make me smile!

Barbara said...

This is so much fun to see. I had no idea that there were competitions like this until you showed us. I really enjoyed looking at all these different themes.

xinex said...

We can get so much ideas from looking at these, so much fun. Thanks for sharing!...Christine

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Thanks for sharing these great tables!

Donna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for sharing -- I did enjoy this and saw lots of fun inspirations.

Marlis said...

I'm delighted that you shared this with us. It's wonderful to see so many different ideas. I love those chargers too.. i just saw some with chicken wire but can't remember where!