Saturday, July 31, 2010

December 21, 2012


It's been talked about everywhere. The shows on The Discovery Channel, History Channel, Dateline, 20/20, the newspapers, magazines, the movies and so on. The world is waiting to see what December 21, 2012 will bring.

Ask 100 people and you are most likely to get a 100 different answers. You will hear things from it will be just another day to it will be the end of the world.

I've heard we will be hit by an asteroid, meteor or comet. With the Mayans study of the solar system could this be what they saw will happen and why they ended their calendar?

Perhaps it will bring about a solar storm that will leave us with blackouts and wreck the satellites.

Of course this doesn't sound all that bad but think about what life on Earth would be like if we were suddenly thrown into a World with no electric power, no computers, no phones, pumps for gas and so on.

Sounds scary doesn't it?

For years the threat of our Poles shifting have been discussed. Some believe this is what caused the end of dinosaurs and ice age.

Flu researchers say a deadly pandemic is not a case of if but when. Could we be look at the next major flu pandemic? In 1918 the flu killed over 50 million people.

With the ease of travel all over the world what would that number end up being in today's times?

Could we have a Nuclear War, WWIII or a Biological War? With the news reporting threats from Iran and North Korea as well as what is going on in the middle East, perhaps this is a very real possibility.

There are reports that our government is stockpiling food, weapons, seeds, books, medicine and even body bags, as well as other supplies. They are storing these items under ground. Why? Do they know something we don't?

We have all noticed Natural disasters accelerating all over the world. Is this is a sign that the Mayan Calendar that ends on December 21, 2012 and Nostradamus prediction that the World as we know will end is true?

Some religious leaders feel it will be the date of the Rapture, Judgement Day or the Apocalypse.

Then again, there are many who believe December will be just another day. That just as Y2K was made out to be a big scare, it passed by with not so much as a whimper.

So tell me, what do you think December 21, 2012 will bring? Will it be something more then only 4 shopping days until Christmas?

I know this is isn't a normal topic you would normally find on my blog but after watching several shows on this subject I thought I would check and see what the thoughts out in BlogLand are.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

This is the first I had heard of this. I don't watch TV much. I'm sure it will just be a normal day. I'm not superstitious. Oh, in your post at the very end, you put December 21, 2012 instead of December 12th. That would be more than 4 shopping days till Christmas. I am not being critical, just thought I would point it out, in case you wanted to change it. Have a wonderful weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Anita Diaz said...

Funny, I have pretty much stopped watching tv, so I must have missed this one! I don't worry about anything anyway. Thanks for stopping by my tea table!! Hope to see you again!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oops! Some people say 12/12/2012 will be the "big day" while the Mayan calender and other predictions say it's 12/21/2012. I didn't even notice the dates were different on the photo :) I changed the photo to just show the year. Thanks for pointing that out.

bj said...

OMGosh...I am scared now. This is the first I have heard of this. Where have I been? Great Balls of Fire...What was that thing that happened several years ago...or was SUPPOSED to happen ..xyk or something...anyway, it never did a thing.

Oh, and darlin'..you won a box of salad dressing from my giveaway. Pls. email your address...
bjconklin@xanadoo.com
hugs, bj

Unknown said...

I am just starting to hear more about this but the only thing I will be thinking about on 12/12/12 is my sons birthday...


Thanks

Maureen

Lily said...

Well, it certainly WON'T be the day that Christ returns and the Rapture happens, simply because in the Christian Scriptures (Bible), Jesus says "No one knows the day or the hour." He didn't say "No one knows the day or the hour-- oh, except for those Mayans out there." LOL.

For me, it brings no fear. No matter what happens, I know that God is in control. That doesn't mean that nothing bad can happen- but since God is in control, I can trust in Him to take care of me however He sees fit, no matter what happens.

Mary Liz Gallery said...

These things don't move me, because I know who is in control, and He takes care of his own.

Donna said...

Hi Joanne! I must live under a rock because I haven't heard anything about this... or is that what the recent disaster movie was about? I'm just now putting 2 and 2 together, hahaha!

Let's see, December 21, 2012 will be 16 years since my beautiful mom went to heaven. It hardly seems possible. So I'll be thinking about her a lot that day, and probably enjoying the upcoming Christmas holiday. Christmas was her favorite, so maybe we'll be baking cookies or watching Christmas movies on tv. One thing I will NOT be doing is braving the stores, not that close to Christmas!

It looks like you have been having a wonderful summer! There is so much to do out your way!

Loved your idea of a ghost cruise! I have no idea if I would be able to go or not as my sister and I both share care of our dad, not to mention that money is very tight around here lately, but it sounds fantastic!!

Have a great Sunday!!.. Donna

Kathleen said...

Lordy, we are always being warned about some date! Wish they could tell me when my bananas would be ripe!