Wednesday, July 7, 2010

IT'S A BRIGHT SUNNY TABLESCAPE



It's been a few weeks since I have joined in the fun of Tablescape Thursdays. over at Between the Naps on the Porch. Please be sure to stop by and check out all the wonderful tablescapes there.

Since it's been such beautiful weather here in So. Cal with overcast skies in the morning that burn off to a perfect sunny day, I thought I would set a Sunny table today.



I started with a tablecloth that I made from fabric that cost me only $2.00 a yard. It's a lovely sunny yellow with pretty flowers.



Today, while I was out with my friend, Claire, I found these cute little heart shaped dishes that were a perfect size for individual salt cellars.

To me, the heart represents my love for these gorgeous summer days.



I used my white lace chargers and added a bright yellow plate that I got from the thrift store for only 99 cents.

The plates reminds me of the sun!



I made the napkins from the same fabric as the tablecloth. I love these napkin rings. They are a yellow acrylic square but they look like glass. They have tiny air bubbles through out them.

I've been wanting to use these for months now and this tablescape provided the perfect setting for them.



To bring out some of the pink in the tablecloth I used pink depression glass glasses. I don't think these are real depression glass. I'm not really sure.



For the centerpiece I used a vintage milk glass vase and filled it full of flowers from my garden. Then I added some yellow candles to my crystal candle sticks and to add extra brightness, I used four more small candle holders in both a bright yellow and bright pink.



Since this was a pretty simple tablescape I just used our everyday flatware.



Here you can see the flowers I used were pink hydrangeas, pink and white roses and some little purple ones that I don't know the name of.



You can see the white lace chargers better in this photo.



I liked the way this tablescape came out. It's bright. It's cheerful and it's pretty even though it's casual. I hope you enjoyed it too.

For those who want to know where everything came from...

Chargers - Debra's Cottage in Costa Mesa CA
Plates - GoodWill thrift store
Glasses - Thrift store
Tablecloth and napkins - made from material from Fabric Outlet
Napkin rings - Ebay
Flatware - Villeroy and Boch
Milk Glass Vase - Thrift store
Crystal Candle sticks - Recived as a gift a long time ago
Yellow candles - Colonial Candles
yellow and pink candle holders - 99 cent store
heart dish with small spoon - Sur La Table

Photobucket

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Very pretty, such cheerful happy colors-enjoy!

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

What a beautiful table setting! That fabric you used is gorgeous!

Donna

Sharon Haynie said...

Great table! I'm always on the lookout for great fabric to make a tablecloth. Yours is darling! Thanks for sharing with us today!

Myrna said...

Gorgeous Table, Joanne! I have the same pink glasses..I remember my mom and I bought them at Big Lots (at the time it was called 'Pick 'n' Save' more than 20 years ago..I remember there other serving dishes as well as plates in pink and blue~all reproduction depression glass. I've wished over the years the I'd bought the whole collection then, but was on a tight budget, so could only afford the glasses. I still love them..they look gorgeous with your yellow setting!
Blessings!
Myrna

Tricia said...

So lovely! The pink and yellow color scheme is so pretty and feminine! I love those lacy white chargers, especially, and the pink glasses!

Marigene said...

I love the yellow and pink together. The napkin rings match the tablecloth and napkins so nicely. Beautiful table!

craftyles said...

The colors are so pretty on your table. I love the pink glasses and the tablecloth is great!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

My gosh, Joanne! Do I see...RED walls and...sunshine yellow or gold on your walls?? My favorite colors. And you are right, it does give a bright sun shine effect on a room.
Your tablescape is just amazing. I love the fabric, I love your colors..and of course I love you! But that is a given! :)
By the way, it's been pretty quiet here on the Western front, but..they are still here. Something gives poor Mele a time, now and then..but she is used to it. We all are. Your friend is right. It's a dog.
At least it is quiet for the moment.
I will try and remember to send you a photo taken in my office last week, of my grandson.
Now and then they say "We're here..."
Mona

Barbara said...

What a pretty table! I love the fabric you used for your tablecloth. The color scheme is so happy and cheerful.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Joanne,
I love the fabric you chose to make your tablecloth and lovely napkins! It feels so feminine, sunny and inviting!

I agree with you, those napkin rings are treasures!I'm glad you shared them today!

And talk about treasures, your chargers are one's I would love to use on my own table! So pretty!

You must have a beautiful garden. I thought those flowers were faux they are so pretty!
Yvonne

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your table is gorgeous!! I have that same milk glass vase. Everything looks beautiful. So bright and cheerful! Love & blessings from NC!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I like the cheerful colors and bright tablecloth.

Kathleen said...

That looks beautiful! I love all the colors and the flowers are so pretty!

Beverly said...

Love your Sunny Tablescape, Joanne. It features some of my favorite things. I have those chargers, love the milkglass vase and your flatware is so pretty.
Yellow being one of my favorite colors too. Great with the pink glasses.

Marlis said...

Beautiful job on the tablecloth and napkins. I love your table. it's quite cheery and everything goes together so nicely.

Tess said...

Joanne...

This table is gorgeous!!!! The colors are beautiful and I love those pink glasses. It's a very happy table!

Tess

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVELY tablescape!!!

Mary said...

You did a really great job putting everything together. I really like your chargers! Mary