Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A DARLING LUNCHEON TABLESCAPE

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Susan, over at Between Naps on the Porch, on her 100Th Tablescape Thursday post. I love going over and looking at the pretty tablescapes everyone does and getting out my dishes to play with has brought me so much joy, since I started playing along.



Today, I'm sharing with you a darling tablescape that a friend of mine did. She had a small luncheon for a few of us girls and I thought it was cute, I just had to share.

It's a Mickey/Minnie Mouse theme.



I loaned her my red and white polka dot plates and I love what she did with them!



Isn't the chocolate covered pretzel cute! She brought these all the way home to CA from Florida. They went to Disney World on vacation and even while she was there, she was thinking of putting together this cute tablescape.



I love the little salad tongs she used. I felt like Micky was giving me a hand with my salad.



Sitting down to this Tablescape, one couldn't help but smile. It made you almost feel like a kid again. The warm, happy feelings one gets when you go to Disneyland, filled the air.



Even the chip and salsa was put in a Mickey silhouette bowl.



She always has great little take home favors at each place setting. Today, we found a box of Minnie Mouse cookies tied up in a bow, waiting for us.



Also, she gave us a cute little red and white polka dot pad of paper that she got from the dollar section from Michael's. She added her special touch to it with embellishments of a flower with a Minnie Mouse center. A little Minnie Mouse pen pulled it all together.



I was to busy eating to take pictures of the yummy food but remembered just in time for dessert! We had strawberry short cakes topped with a Mickey Mouse that was made out of coconut dipped in chocolate. It taste just like an Almond Joy, minus the almond.

I had a great time and I really loved the Tablescape. I hope you did too.

If you have not yet made it over to Between Naps on the Porch, please do so you can enjoy even more fun, pretty and unique tablescapes.

Photobucket

25 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Joanne!
I love it. The polka dots with the hanky is so Cute!!!

Have a good one!
Hugs

Lynn said...

What a cute table, I'll bet everyone had a great time!

Kathleen said...

That is really cute! Very clever!

Mary Liz Gallery said...

Strawberry shortcake - Yummy!

Through My Red Door said...

Adorable!

The Style Sisters said...

Precious! Love it!

Karin

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What an adorable tablescape!!! Those salad tongs were the cutest ever! Love & blessings from NC!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Cute and adorable...I just love it!!

RedBettySummer said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing. Your posts are so inspiring and your photos are great.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

So cute! This would be a huge hit with my godchildren! Just darling!

Happy Tablescape Thursday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jacqueline said...

Oh where was I when the invitations were being handed out? I should have been on that party list. What a beautiful table and she just thought of every little detail that would make her guests feel like they had died and gone to heaven, even down to the mouse chocolate at the end. What a fun friend you have, tell her you will lend her dishes anytime.

Entertaining Women said...

Such fun to share dishes with friends. We say that we have a dish co-op...makes it easy to give larger parties. The red polka dot dishes are perfect for the theme of the table. Thank you for sharing the design. Cherry Kay

Entertaining Women said...

Thank you for your kind comments about my blog post. Funny that you should ask about the boxes. I was more interested in giving them the box itself than something for the inside. I tried to buy some neat 'pocket crosses,' but I could never find what I wanted. I ended up designing some small tins with almonds on the inside and included encouraging scripture verses on little strips of cardstock with them inside the boxes. I wondered if anyone would ask. :) Cherry Kay

Kathy said...

This is the most fun tablescape! How cool to sit at such a festive tablesetting -makes one relive their childhood!
Kathy

craftyles said...

LOve the whole cheerful table. I used the same plates this week! I love the Minnie Mouse theme-so cute!

Red Couch Recipes said...

What a cute whimsical table that is full of fun details. Loved the dessert too! Joni

Tricia said...

What a fun and creative friend you have! Thanks for sharing her delightful table. Love those salad tongs!

Barbara said...

What a fun table! I love that she was thinking about this while on her trip. The polka dots are just so cute. The salad tongs really made me smile.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This was such an adorable tabescape, Joanne! I love the polka dishes your friend has.

It has been a extremely hot and HUMID summer here ..I am so ready for autumn!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Joanne, We just came home from Disney World in Florida with some Mickey dishes! I love this Minnie table!!! It would be so much fun to sit here. Linda

Unknown said...

Cute and beautiful setting!

Hugs
Charo

Marigene said...

Love the polka dotted plates...looks so cute with the Mickey pretzels place on top!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Joanne,
this is a lovely table for everybody who loves Mickey and Minnie. The vibrant red is so colorful and happy as the theme needs. And the little cute things she brought from Disney land makes that all so nice. Thank you so much for sharing this fun, it made me really smile.
Greetings, Johanna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How adorable -- love your lunch with Minnie!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Joanne...this is sooo cute! I just know I would love your friend if I met her...she has whimsy! Adorable...I'd feel like a kid again and enjoy every moment of it!
:)
Susan