Saturday, June 26, 2010

ANOTHER FUN SUMMER DAY WITH YOUR BFF



Two days in a row these BFFS got together for lots of fun, laughs and good times. Of course, this is my darling great niece, Trinity with her BFF Jesse. They met through Brownies and have been as close as sisters ever since.

It was a beautiful warm sunny day out so they asked to come over and go swimming.



I think they were in the pool for about 3 hours and would have liked to stay in for hours more but, we had other plans for later in the afternoon so they had to dry off and change clothes.



We then headed over to the church where it was opening day of the yearly carnival.



There the girls had fun playing silly games.



Here they had to pick three keys and hope that one of them opened the treasure chest full of prizes they could pick from.

They both had bad luck at this game.

I made the mistake to ask to take a peak inside to see the prizes. Once they saw, their eyes open wide and they wanted to play again.

Again they tried and again, no luck. So we moved on.



This was the first year they had some bigger games to play. More like the ones you would find at the county fair.



Yet, most people seemed to like playing the games that were more of a homemade feel to them. They would win tickets there and could cash them in later for prizes.



The smells of food filled the air. Here, fresh made Kettle Corn was being made. I really wanted some but I was strong and walked away.



There were hot dogs, hamburgers, pop corn, onion rings, dots ice cream and lots more.



Normally I would have made a stop here at the Mexican Food booth but I'm hoping for some sort of weight loss this coming Tues so I passed and waited to eat until I got home.



It was off to the ride area for us. I love going to carnivals at night really. I like the flashing lights and music as well as crowds.

We were there when it first opened so it was pretty empty and we even had to wait for the rides to be tested before they could be opened.



When I was younger I loved to go on carnival and fair rides. Now... not so much.



I enjoy seeing others have fun and to listen to the laughter. It's images like this one that get my attention. It's all so retro feeling to me and makes me long for the past.



Times when I loved going into the Fun House and getting trapped in the maze of glass walls.

Now I think I would get in and panic when I couldn't get out.



The BFFS had a lot of fun going on the rides. The scarier the better for them.

As for me and my sisters, well, we enjoyed keeping our feet planted firmly on the ground and watching the girls making memories.

After all, isn't that what Summer is all about?

Oh, I almost forgot! We did go to the rummage sale there too. I'll show you tomorrow what treasures I found there.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You all are having the most fun this weekend. I remember going to the carnival when I was younger and that house of mirrors is so tricky. Glad you and your sister squeezed in a visit to the rummage sale. I went yard saling this morning and found some treasures. I love the thrill of the hunt, don't you? Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Kathleen said...

Hoe cute they are!
And good for you, I would have broken down and had something, I know!
Good luck on Tues!

Rach said...

What a fun fun day! The pool brings back so many memories. I spent a lot of time swimming as a kid.

Margie said...

I love hometown fairs! Ours comes in July here in Moore, Oklahoma:) It looks like the girls had lots of fun! ~ Margie