Wednesday, June 24, 2009

IT'S FINALLY STARTED

I have been super busy picking out everything for our bathroom remodels. There are so many little details, that you don't even think about, that has to be decided.

We are having both bathrooms done. Yet each one is completely different then the other one.

The first one we are having done is going to be in a vintage 1930's style. It's going to be white, black and pale blue.


This is a photo of the first bathroom. We hated everything about it so we decided to gut it and start fresh.

This bathroom has carpet in there. YUCK! Plus an ugly vanity with a faux marble top.

The lighting is actually fluorescent lighting and there is this ugly vent in the middle of the ceiling that is for the a/c and heat. We thought it never worked but it turned out it was just shut off.


This door goes to the side of the house. It's a strange size and very hard to find another one that will fit in there. But anything has to be better then this.




Today was the first day they started. They got everything taken out. Good bye ugly bathroom!




Thank goodness that ugly light is gone for good. As well as that vent.


They put all new plumbing in. Not because it needed it but because I wanted a medicine cabinet that is installed into the wall so they had to move the plumbing around.

No more carpet. Under the carpet was old tile that also had to be removed.

It was a long, loud day today and things will be starting up again bright and early in the morning.

If you have never had a room remodeled, then be sure to come back to see how things progress day by day. That way you can decide if you really want to go through it before you do.

Our 2ND bathroom is going to be more modern with a spa feel to it. Since I'm pretty much finished up on shopping for the vintage inspired bathroom I'm going to start shopping for the other one.

It's a lot of hard work and a long time to get everything done but I know it will be worth it in the end.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting to have it going...going...gone and then there's going to be this transformation. I can't wait to see what you do with it! :)

Glenda said...

That was quick. I too have an outdated bath.
Can't wait to see the completed job.


Ciao

Tracey said...

Oh joanne, good luck with this project. Every room in my house had to be gutted at one point. And the bathroom, twice!! It's worth it in the end. I love my bathroom now and am ready to start over in my kitchen soon. Good luck my friend.

Harbor Hon said...

Oh my, that looked like a lot of work. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. My bathroom has been in renovation mode for a long time. The landlord, bless his heart, just hasn't had the money or time to complete it. I don't mind, as long as it works and my rent doesn't go up. :) xxoo

Unknown said...

It'll all be worth it in the end!

A Southern Rose said...

I have to do the same thing to my bathroom soon. The floor is actually falling out! I've put it off ever since I bought my little cottage. I think I've almost been here for 2 years. It has to be done soon. While I'm at it, I have to take out the old sink. It is the old kind with the pipes exposed! Yucky! I bought a new cabinet already with a built in sink. It is going to look so much better. Hopefully I will be able to start it really soon. I'm leaving the old bathtub but changing out the toilet. I will be checking your post daily to see what all you do. It will motivate me! LOL

Connie said...

My little chickee, I can't wait to see the "It's finally finished" blog post on this one. If I suggested this to Love Bunny, he'd run screaming from the house though. Lookin' good, sugar!!
xoxo,
Connie

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Joanne
I look forward to seeing your completed bathrooms. I seem to be getting nowhere with mine! They're so small it's seems impossible to fit in what we want at a reasonable price.
Love the sound of the spa themed bathroom.
Lindsay
x

Victoria Lynn said...

Wow, can't wait too see the finished baths. You must be having fun shopping for all the new bath fixtures, and then you have a brand new room to decorate! Good luck with the remodel! Blessings, Victoria Lynn

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh goodness! We just had the same thing done within the past year. We've now remodeled the whole house, except for several closets. It's a journey, believe me. (Who ever wanted carpet in a bathroom, I wonder? Some male contractor?) We got rid of ours too. In the whole house, as well as the bathrooms.
Brenda

Allidink said...

Yay you've started. I am looking forward to see it come along :)

All the best,
Allison

Cindy said...

How fun! I can't wait to see how they turn out!!