Monday, May 5, 2008

SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND


The above photo is of the little Chapel at the hospital where my brother is at. I went in there today and prayed. I prayed for God to heal my brother Gene and to continue to let him improve everyday. I thanked God for His love and mercy.

Today I was there while my brother had his rehab PT. I got to see him sit up, stand, move himself from the bed to the wheelchair and even push himself around once in the wheelchair. All simple things, I know, but hard, so very hard, for my brother to do these things right now.


Part of me wanted to cry, as it is heartbreaking to see this man, I've known all my life, struggle with such simple everyday tasks. But, the other part of me wanted to cry with such joy that he is getting a little bit stronger everyday and can do these things.


I was proud of him and how hard he is trying to get better. I've always been proud of him. He is not a quitter. He is a fighter. His will is strong and his desire is great.
I know he will get better. Day by day.

Today he showed the therapist that he could use the muscle in the front and back of his thigh. Even the therapist was beaming with joy over this. He knew that was good news.

My brother is still having problems with his vision. He has double vision if things are more then about 4 feet from him. His right arm still has no movement. He still has trouble talking and he is very weak.

He still has a long way to go but he has continued to take steps forward with each day.
He says he doesn't notice he is getting any better. Everyone else tells him they can see a big difference. So I brought my camera today and told him I was going to document his recovery so he could one day look back and see how far he has come.

When I pointed out different things he has done he would say "Yes, I guess I'm doing a little bit better". I told him if you look, you will find many areas you have gotten better.

I have been so touched by all the love, prayers and well wishes from everyone here in blog land. I tell him about everyone and he is happy to hear what everyone says.


I thought it may be nice, if anyone would be so kind, to have people send him a Get Well card, or thinking of you card. Letting him know that even people who have never met him is sending prayers and good vibes his way.

If you would like to send a card, please email me and I can give you the address. If you don't feel comfortable sending a card, please keep up the prayers and good thoughts. God is hearing them and seems to be answering them. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs,
Joanne

8 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Sweet Joanne,
I would love to send Gene a card, it meant the world to my son Justin to get cards and visits from people! my email is:
buildingchick21@yahoo.com, send me the address and I will get it off right away! Glad he is getting some improvement, it will be slower at first, then boom the body is awesome and healing will kick into high gear, (God being the high gear kind of Father!), our bodies are amazing!
Blessing,
Donna Lynn

Glenda said...

Joanne,
Please send the name and address to my email. And I will send a card to him.
It is nice to hear he is making progress. It's slow, but progress.
Keep the faith and God will do the rest.
Glenlily@gmail.com

Glenda

Janet said...

Joanne,

I am so glad that Gene is making progress and I can't imagine how hard it is to watch a man of such strengths be so weak of body. Please send me the address and I will get a card out to him. E-mail me @ janetbishop.@realtor.com

Rhondi said...

Hi Joanne I am very glad to hear that your brother is improving day by day. Prayer works!
I'll be glad to send a card to him. My email is rhondimullins@carolina.rr.com
Hugs, rhondi

Flower said...

Hi Joanne, Do send me your brothers address. I'm glad that he is getting the help he needs and the prayers, too!! You must be a huge bright spot in his day!!
God Bless you both!!
Even a camera at the hospital has come in handy!! :)) It's a very pretty chapel.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jioanne

Please send me Gene's address, too, as I'd love to send an encouraging card to him. My e-mail is in my profile.

Continued prayers and good thoughts for him to recover fully!

Hugs, Pat

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

I would love to send a card to your brother - and glad to hear he is doing well! And thank you for sharing what you are going through. I appreciated hearing again how God has all things planned out for us, and Disneyland may just be ahead! My daughter was recently diagnosed with a mental illness, and it has been a real blow to her dad and I - and I don't really feel I can blog about it since she reads it, and sometimes it is hard to get off that swing! I have to learn to trust my Lord more! Anyway, send me his address if you would and I will try and get a card in the mail stat! Hugs - Diane from Michigan

bj said...

Pls. send his address...
bjconklin@sbcglobal.net

I think it's great that you are taking pictures to show him his recovery....a wonderful idea!!

hugs, bj