Monday, August 8, 2011

YOU SAY TOMATO ~ I SAY SALSA!


After picking a ton of tomatoes that I grew this year, I wasn't really sure what to do with all of them.

I had already eaten a ton and given the neighbors more then they could ever use.

Then it happened!


The urge to start canning again this year.  What could be better then to start with then salsa!

My sister came over and we spent the day canning 22 jars of salsa.  We had so much fun and we laughed a lot too.

We agreed that since we canned salsa last year and again this year, it has now become a tradition for us.  We are now known as the Salsa Sisters!


If you would like the recipe on how to turn a bunch of tomatoes into a yummy salsa for canning, I can help you on that.


Just click here and you will be taken to my post from last year where I take you step by step on how to make the best Salsa around.

I have linked up to Canning week and you can click here to go over to see all the other yummy recipes.
Enjoy!




5 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks wonderful! You'll be enjoying salsa for awhile. :)

The Single Nester said...

Dontcha just love summer tomatoes? I have so many and am thinking up new ways to cook them.

Jilly said...

Tomato recipe is my one of the favorite, I prefer the best combination of manchego cheese and heirloom tomatoes in every dinner dish. I like fresh tomatoes recipe so much.
detektiv

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your salsa looks delicious!!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

My sister and I canned salsa this year too! We called it a 'canning party'...maybe it will become a tradition! We did jalapeno salsa and it is HOT! Visiting from Mess Hall to Bistro - canning week.