Saturday, August 6, 2011

WHY SCRAPBOOK WHEN YOU CAN HAVE AN ACTUAL BOOK!


When I bought my camera, I got a coupon for a free book from Shutterfly.  Well, I actually forgot about it.  I never thought I would use it. 

I was enjoying taking pictures and I had it all planned out on which ones I was going to put in a scrapbook and which ones I would just save on disc.


Then I got an email saying my coupon was going to expire in two days if I didn't use it. 

I figured what the heck, I would go check it out and see what it was all about.  I'm so happy I did!


I played around a bit, trying different background pages, different embellishments and different photos. 

I found out that you can download your photos and just pick which design you wanted and they would pop the pictures in the spaces for you.

Or, you could pick your own design and put the photos in as you like.  I picked that version.


I thought it would be fun to do for my great niece, Trinity, for the first year we were together in Junior Girl Scouts.

I started to pull up pictures of all the things we did and added little captions here and there.  Before I knew it, I put the whole book together and loved it.


The books come in several sizes.  You can pick a 5x7, 7x9, 8x8 (which is what I got) or a 12x12.

You can add extra pages then what the base book comes with.  Or you can do like I did and make the final page a collage of pictures to save on pages.

I think this would be a perfect gift to give anyone.  So many reasons to get a book made.  A new born baby, one for each school year for a child, wedding, vacations, family history, a special occasion or for Girl/Boy Scouting.

I'm sure I'm going to make several for Christmas gifts this year.  If you are interested in making your own book you can go to shutterfly.com and make your own book.

No, I didn't get paid or get anything free for writing this post.  I just think it is a wonderful way to capture your photos and a wonderful way to protect your memories and I wanted to share it with you.

5 comments:

Joyce's Journey said...

Wow Joanne! That book is beautiful! I've heard about Shutterfly, but never did anything there. A book is a great idea for a gift. Your book looks amazing!!

Stephanie said...

So funny - I was working on a post on photo books before my vacation. I really love them! I've done one for every summer, one of my daughter riding, a few trips we've taken... I love them!

Sharlotte said...

Hi Joanne!
I love these books. I need to do them more often...aren't they great! I love scouting too...such good programs...We have boys and went through Boy Scouts...it was a lot of fun! Thanks so much for dropping by to visit and leaving a sweet comment! Happy Sunday!
Sharlotte

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a neat book! I do scrapbooking, but haven't done those books yet. My daughter does the CM Storybooks like that.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my tea dilemma, and for telling me about your sister having a stone come back after she continued to drink the tea! Yikes!

Katherine

GardenOfDaisies said...

This is so fun!! I have never made a book, but my sisters and I made a really fun photo calendar for my parents this past year. I think the books would make a wonderful gift!