Friday, November 20, 2009

IT'S FINALLY STARTING TO LOOK LIKE THANKSGIVING AROUND HERE


For the past few years I have not really decorated for Fall/Thanksgiving. I put a few things out but not much.


It's not that I don't love the decorations, because I do. The truth of the matter is, I didn't know where my decorations were.


I put all my boxes in storage and the Fall/Thanksgiving boxes were buried so deep that I couldn't find them. Plus I was to lazy to dig through everything to find them.


Today I went and took out all the boxes. Some were heavy! I kept telling myself I was burning off calories as I lifted them and stacked them all up.

Way in the back I found three boxes full of my Fall/Thanksgiving decorations. I had forgotten how many items I had.

I was excited to bring them home, unpack them and get them out.


I first unpacked everything and put them all the table in the kitchen.

Then I got to work. On the fireplace mantel first.


I think I like the way it came out. Not sure about the candles though. They do look better in person.

I took my photos at the wrong time of the day as the sun was shinning in and casting a glare on everything.



Ol' Tom is standing proudly over by the TV. He is thrilled I'm a vegetarian and he doesn't have to worry about getting cooked this year.


These little skinny Pilgrims make me smile. They also remind me that I want to slim down this Thanksgiving and not to go over board.



A sweet little HAPPY THANKSGIVING sign reminds us to be Thankful for all we have.


I bought these guys last year. I think they are so cute. I wish I was lucky enough to have real ones running around my yards but I don't so I have to settle on these.



Looks like we found where they got the acorns from. The amber colored depression glass plate next to them is holding lots of acorns, pine cones and a candle.


Why, even the little birdcage that is outside the front door got a touch of decoration to it.

I still have lots and lots to put out but that's all I put out so far. I'll post the rest this weekend.

Now for those of you who are waiting for the next low calorie, Weight Watcher friendly recipe that you can use for this Thanksgiving, here it is:

CALIFLOWER CURRY DIP
1 16 oz package of frozen cauliflower
1 cup water
1/2 cup low fat cream cheese softened
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Combine cauliflower and water in pan. Bring to boil at high heat. Reduce to med heat and cook 14 minutes. Drain. Place cauliflower, cream cheese and other ingredients in food processor blend until smooth.

Serve with low fat crackers once cooled.

This is a great recipe that no one will know is actually cauliflower and will never guess it's low calorie, unless you tell them.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the decorations! Especially the cream colored pumpkins and the cute little squirrels and acorns! I think the candles add a nice touch too! Boy...you did a great job decorating with those "forgotten" boxes of goodies! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.:)

Donna said...

Oooh, that cauliflower dip sounds so good! And your mantel looks justs beautiful with all the fall/Thanksgiving colors. Pretty picture above the fireplace, too!! I see Pete is enjoying the colors of Thanksgiving in his cage as well!! Happy Thanksgiving!... Donna