Thursday, November 26, 2009

EVERYTHING IS TURNING INTO TURKEYS AT OUR HOUSE

As I showed you yesterday, our Thanksgiving table is done with a Turkey theme this year.

So, something I've made for over 20 years was sure to fit right in!


What is it I make? Why, Turkey shaped butters!



Years ago, I walked into a small, but cute, kitchen store. There I found the best molds for butters. Oh how I wish I bought more!

I picked up the Holiday one only. It has two molds for these cute turkeys, two Santa molds and two Christmas Tree molds.

I never dreamed that first time I made them would be the start of a family tradition.
Every Thanksgiving and every Christmas you will find the butter on table is turned into darling figures.

So, these little turkeys are now expected to show up on our Thanksgiving table every year and if they were not there, well, they would surely be missed.

Gobble Gobble. That's turkey talk for Happy Thanksgiving!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tina Schiefer said...

Those are so stinkin' cute!!!!

What a fun little treat to have on the table!!!

Are butter molds plastic, metal, or flexible silicone?

Thanks for sharing such a sweet idea!

Happy Thanksgiving from Grants Pass.

Nancy said...

Love those turkey butter forms. So cute. I need to find some. Hope your day was special.
XO Nancy

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I'm looking for some of those adorable molds. How precious!!! Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!