Wednesday, March 30, 2011

THE ANGELS WERE PAINTING THE SKY TONIGHT

The sky tonight was quite a sight! Full of beautiful reds and pinks.
I remember when I was a little girl, I was with my favorite Aunt and she told me that the Angels would bring out their paints and sometimes paint the sky beautiful colors for us.


I also remember, my mom saying "Red skies at nights is a sailors delight". As a kid, I had no idea what that meant and she told me, that if the sky was red at night it meant that the next day was going to clear and warm out and perfect for sailors that were out out sailing.


I had a hard time getting these pictures because I was in awe of what beauty I was witnessing.


The evening skies during Spring and Summer can be breathtaking! The sad thing is, it lasts for such a short time. About a minute after I took all these photos, the sun had set and gone to bed for the night.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh Joanne...indeed they were and what a lovely job they did! I do hope all is well with you and yours. Guess what? I finally dug out one of my bird cages and decorated it..and even have a tiny bird in it. You were the one that inspired me to do it. Now I just need to figure out what looks the best in it. Right now...the flowers I have in it are just...not right... :)
Hugs and have a wonderful day!
Mona

NeereAnDear said...

Stunning pictures ...

I agree the angels were painting the sky in such vividly beautiful colors .... they must have had a grand time ...

Thank you for sharing ...

JO

Rach said...

Wow, that sky is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! I know what you mean about having to move fast to get them....the beauty is so fleeting. Glad you shared them with us. I've added myself as a follower....your blog is precious! Hope you drop in and see me sometime soon! Happy Spring Ya'll from Houston,TX!

Donna said...

Stunning photos of the sun setting, Joanne. We do not get sunsets like that where I live. I'm sure many places in New England do, especially along the coasst and on Cape Cod, but I never see them like that!... Donna

Completely Coastal said...

I included your Queen Mary Ghost tour in this weekends coastal mix -loved it!!! You can check it out here:
Coastal Mix

Have a great weekend!

Kathleen said...

How beautiful!