Thursday, March 24, 2011

IT WAS A CUPCAKE KIND OF DAY TODAY

I have a friend who owns a cupcake shop. They are looking for some new recipes and asked me to bake several kinds of cupcakes over the next few days for all the owners to try out.

So today, I started with making a "24 Carrot" cupcake.

It's a yummy carrot cake with creamcheese icing. It is baked in a gold liner and is topped with gold flecks on top. That is why it's called the "24 Carrot" cupcake.

The next one I made was a Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing. I thought I would try a flavor that many people enjoy.

This cupcake is very moist and has a stronger chocolate flavor then most Red Velvets do.



The last one I made was a Strawberry and Cream Cupcake. The cake is a vanilla cake with fresh strawberries in it and then it's topped with a whipped cream topping.

I forgot to top it with a fresh strawberry before I took this photo.

I hope they like them. It is fun getting to try out different recipes and get paid to do so at the same time.

I have so many flavors I want to try out. I'm searching for a great Peach Cobbler cupcake recipe so if you have one, please let me know.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

They are all so pretty!! I love your frosting...it looks so professional! I'd love to taste them all, but the one with fresh strawberries sounds delicious!

XO,
Jane

Rach said...

MMM. Totally craving cupcakes now! Those look wonderful.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

These look yummy and they are so pretty!! Hope they like them. Nothing better than cupcakes! Love & blessings from NC!

Michelle said...

Oh my. Don would kill for the carrot cake cupcake. He had me driving around at 9 pm the other night looking for carrot cake b/c he saw someone make one on tv! And THAT one looks so good!

That strawberry one looks fantastic as well!

Kathleen said...

They look delicious! Share the red velvet one you said had a deeper choc flavor?