Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BAKING CUPCAKES WITH GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

The past few weeks I've been very busy with Girl Scout Cookie sales. Since I'm a Girl Scout leader I am the one who orders the cookies, picks up the cookies, keep tract of the sale of the cookies, sets up and attends all cookie booth sales and anything else that has to do with cookies.

With all these cookies I thought it would be fun to try to make some cupcakes and use Girl Scout Cookies in the recipes.


I went to my girl friends house and we spent the day trying different cookies to make different kinds of cupcakes.

The first one we made was more like a mini cheese cake with cherries on top. The crust was a Shortbread cookie. These came out great!

To make these you will need:

2 8oz packages of softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 Girl Scout Shortbread cookies
1 can cherry (or any other fruit) pie filling.


First line the pan with a cupcake liner. Then add a Girl Scout Shortbread cookie to each cup.

Mix all the other ingredients with a hand mixer. Spoon mixture over the Girl Scout Cookies. Bake for about 20 mins in a preheated 350 degrees oven.

When they first come out of the oven they will be puffy like a big muffin.

But then, as they cool, they sink down in the center. This is normal and what you want. Allow them to cool completely.

Then add the cherry (or other fruit) pie filling.

This will make 12 servings. Be sure to eat one quickly because before you know it they will all be gone! Everyone loves these.


The other cupcakes we made were Thin Mint cupcakes.
For this one, we just did a semi homemade cupcake.

We used a chocolate cake mix. Mixed as directed on the box. Then we crushed up Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies and added it to the batter. We also added a little bit of Mint extract to the batter.

We cooked the cupcakes per the directions on the package.

We then iced them with a whipped cream type topping. It is called Pastry Pride.

To that we added a bit of the mint extract and then topped with crumbled Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies and added a whole Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie to the top.

It was fun trying different ideas to use the Girl Scout Cookies but it was more fun to eat what we made. YUM!

You should try these. I think you will like them too.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Brittanie Gordon said...

The little cheesecakes are adorable!

Rach said...

MM, yummy. The cheesecakes are so cute!

RachelD said...

Oh, those cheesecakes!! This reminds me that I think all my Comstock is gone but the mixed berry---I need to put that on the list.

Bright and cheery, and a nice tribute to Girl Scouts and their Famous Cookies!

rachel

Unknown said...

Ooooo! Those sound yummy!

L said...

I love these ideas for GS Cookies. I'm a retiring GS Ambassador leader :(...
Last year out our annual UMW tablescape banquet at our church, I created a GS Heritage table...I'll send photos..I love your tablescapes-have just recently found your site!!

Marilyn said...

These all sound yummy. Where do you get the Pastry Pride frosting? My daughter is getting married and wants cupcakes and this frosting looks like it would be easy to pipe out and look good. Could you visit/email me the information? Thanks so much. ♥♫

PS-We get our cookies from Girl Scouts at my school. ;D

Donna said...

Hi Joanne! Yes, I don't think I've ever met anyone (except my dad) who didn't love Lucy! haha Those girl scout desserts look fantastic!... Donna

Saucy Siciliana said...

I found you at my friend smallmoments and I had to follow you because I was a Girl Scout when I lived in New YOrk in the 60s and 70. Gorgeous cupcakes! Best regards from Sicily!

Tara Goodell said...

Hello... I found your blog the same way Ciccia did! (On Smallmoments) This is a brilliant post, and bound to sell some GS cookies, too. ;) I am going to have to try your mini cheesecake recipe very soon. Love your blog!

Kathleen said...

Those look delicious! Our cookies didn't arrive yet from my gdau!
Where have you been? Come see the St. Pat's Party!

gsperson said...

This is a awesome recipe! I am a cadet and each week we take turns making cup cakes im really surprised no one did gs cookie cupcakes! I'm going to try this I was thinking of making 3 different kinds!