Thursday, September 24, 2009

PINK AND BROWN PARTY


Yesterday was my friend, Sandra's birthday. She was celebrating 50 wonderful years on earth.

For the past several years, on her birthday she has a group of girls come over and we all have lunch, lots of laughs, scrapbook and then dinner.

Every year she does a different theme.


This year she did a Pink and Brown party. As always her table was set up so cute. I loved these plates.


Since it was held durning the week our group was smaller then normal this year. But that was a good thing as we all had more time to talk to each other and eat at the table without feeling crowded or putting others at another table.


Sandra is my friend who loves to throw parties like I do. We like to have everything match the theme and of course there always has to be a theme.


I loved the little pink glasses. They look vintage even though they aren't. She served pink lemon aide in them.


In the other room she sat up an area for us to scrapbook. She is so sweet! At each place setting she always has the project we are doing all ready to go in our own bags and even though we got a darling gift at the dinning table (a cute Brighton purse charm, a note pad and pen in pink and brown and candy) she also had another gift at this table.

See the pink bag. Well it's actually one of those bags that you can use as a lunch box or to hold a 6 pack of soft drinks. Inside she had a three pack of booties to keep us warm on the upcoming winter nights, a black and pink recycle bag to take to the store and help save the trees by not using the bags there, lip gloss, two different pink pens, candy and gum.

How fun to go to a birthday party and go home with lots of gifts yourself!

So we all made a darling photo album that looks like a purse. I didn't take any pictures of mine yet because I have not added the photos.

We then had cupcakes and cheesecake for dessert. YUM! I ate way to much though.

So today I'm being extra good.


Of course, we all gave Sandra birthday gifts too. I loved this gift she got and wanted to share it with you.

The box alone was so pretty and would have made a great gift. But wait until you see what is inside.


It's Paris in a box. There are four glasses, plates, napkins, napkin ring holders and also a stack of paper napkins or hand cloths to use in the bathroom.

What a great idea! I love how it all fits in this box and can be stored in here when finished being used.

Isn't this a super idea for the up coming holidays. You could pick any theme and make a box for someone you know.

Sandra's cousin gave her this. I have to say, it was the best present, in my eyes!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hello Joanne!

Happy Birthday to your friend! What a fun party. I love pink and brown. I love the polka dots too!

And that Paris set is so fantastic!

XOOX
Jen

Tracey said...

Love this party..I want to join in!! Great Ideas and I have to steal some!! Thanks for sharing and hope you are continuing success with you weight loss.. my thoughts are with you!

Furry Bottoms said...

Wow, that is So creative! And I love how your friend is sharing her birthday with her friends too... those little party favors are awesome. I need to think of doing something like that for the next birthday in my family! :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a wonderful way to give a party! The entire thing was so creative and it sounds like you had a fantastic time!
Hugs,
Mona