Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'M GOING DOWN

It's true. I'm going down. No, not down into the ocean. Down in weight. It's Tues and that means it's Weight Watchers weigh in day for me.

I'm down another 2.6 lbs. That's a total of 18.6 lbs in 8 weeks. I'm pretty happy with that amount.

I have only one more week and then I'm joining the gym. I've made it a goal to join on the first of Oct.

I'm not looking forward to joining at all so I'm really trying to talk myself into this. I know I need to kick up my exercise and not just doing walking/hiking.

I hate to work out. I'm lazy. I admit it. So I'm going to come up with some kind of reward system to get me there. Not sure what yet.

Do you have any type of a reward system set up for you to stay on plan or exercise more often?

I know a nice weight loss should be reward enough for me but some how that just doesn't do it. Although it has been enough for me to get out and walk.

Maybe I'll get myself a nice fresh bunch of flowers for every week I reach my goal of working out. That would be nice to look at every day and know they are there because I did good.

Today is the first day of fall! Happy Fall to all of you! I love Fall. The weather is cooler, it means the holidays are just around the corner, time to change the decorations in the house and the crowds have all gone home.

However, it also means, candy, cookies, big dinners and all the wonderful fruits and veggies will be gone. So Fall can be hard when it comes to watching what one eats.

There will be great squash, apples, pears and nuts though. All good tastes and good for you.

So stick with me and we can get through the months ahead and come out like shinning stars.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Mumzie said...

Congratulations! I'm so impressed with your success. If I could only stick to it, I would be losing along with you...Oh I need a kick or something. Anyway, going to the gym is hard, I think it takes three months before you actually feel the benefits and want to go; and you will because you will feel so much better. I haven't been in one week, because I was working on my dauther's baby shower...I'm feeling very slow again, so tomorrow...the gym. I have to push myself, and push myself to go, but the benefits are worth the pushing. You will like how you feel after the first month or so. Don't get discouraged. Find a gym that gives you support. I treat myself to shopping at TJ Max after my workout because it's close to my gym. Also, I stop at all the produce stands on the way to and from the guym for healthy fruits and veggies. Good luck! Keep it up!!! Mumzie

Nancy said...

Way to go!! I know how hard it is to loose weight and then to keep it off. I joined a gym with a girlfriend a few months ago and we faithfully go to classes at 5:30am 3 morning a week and Zumba one evening a week. It's hard work, but our bodies are reaping the rewards. So stick with it, you will be so happy you did.
Nancy

Esther said...

I'm like you. I hate exercise and can't get myself motivated unless it feels like fun and not exercise. Exercise=boredom and pain in my head.
BUT I've been playing netball once a week this year and love, love, love it. Because I play it with friends from work and we don't take ourselves too seriously (we are coming last)it's fun and I'm getting a workout. And all that running around makes me realise how unfit I am and that's my motivation. I want to exercise (not just to lose my tummy)but so I can get better at netball. It helps that I have two exercise loving kids (take after their Dad) who ask me nearly every afternoon if I can take them jogging around the nearby school oval. They're both trying to get better for their school cross-country race, which isn't until next year mind you.

Donna said...

Joanne, you are doing AWESOME!! This is the week I'm getting back on track, and then next week I'll start going back to meetings and/or weigh-ins. I took the whole month of September off and hope that it doesn't show too much on the scale when I do go back next week! Keep up the good work!!... Donna

SandyQuilts said...

I'm a Lifetimer (finally). Exercise does pay off, I'm not fond of it either but it's good for you in more ways than one.

http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com/2009/04/exercise-and-new-way-of-eating.html

Keep up the good work ... don't give up.

Tina Schiefer said...

Oh, the Gym. Why is it the hardest place to enter???

I've joined. I've paid the dues. I still don't go....Kudos to all those who can stick with it, but I've come to the conclusion, I'd rather eat less, drink more water and walk more, than pay dues for something I don't use. (hey, that rhymes) Good Luck! AND Congrats on LOSING!!!!

And I really enjoyed your East Coast tour!!! How's the bathroom(s)??? At your house, not the East Coast!!!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Joanne,
You are doing GREAT!. Hubby and I are doing WW too. You can do it.
Happy Fall,
Elizabeth

Glenda said...

YIPEEEEEEE !!!!

At first I thought your title meant your going down to Hell. My bad.


At least your keeping it up. Great job.


CIao

SandyQuilts said...

Unfortunately your reply is set to No Reply I came back here to respond.

I love Dr. Oz's show. I also love The Doctors Show ... both have so much info to share. I was shocked at the germs and etc. that collect on a woman's purse ... ugh

I left the wrong link about WW ... meant this one
http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com/2009/09/looking-feeling-great.html

thanks for visiting my blog.

A Southern Rose said...

You are doing great! I don't like to excercise either but I have to because of my Fibromyalgia. It helps with the pain. I have to push myself to do it though. It's hard but well worth it. You can do it!