Tuesday, January 29, 2013

THIN MINT TRUFFLES



I love chocolate and I love mint.  Put them together and I'm in Heaven! 

So, when it's Girl Scout cookie time I stock up on Thin Mint cookies.  They are great frozen!  I often find I eat way to many of them as they pop into your mouth and go down so easy. 

Same goes for most of the other flavors that Girl Scout cookies come in.

This year, I thought it would be fun to try some of the great recipes I've seen floating around that actually use Girl Scout cookies in the recipes. 

Tonight, I made Thin Mint Cookie Truffles.  They were so easy and while I didn't think it was possible to top the flavor of the Thin Mint Cookies, I was wrong.  This recipes pushes it up to a whole new level.

They take minutes to make and they could be placed into a box to give as a present to someone special.  Only, make two batches because you will not want to give these all away. 

You only need a few ingredients.  I used four but actually you could get away with only three if you only used one color of chocolate.

So, by now you must be asking "so how do I make these?".  OK, I won't make you wait a minute longer.

You take one box of Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies.  Crush them up into tiny pieces.  You can do this by hand or in a food processor.

Once they are all crushed, take 4 oz. of cream cheese that is room temperature and mix it into the cookie crumbs.  Mix well.

Then roll into small balls and stick them in the refrigerator to set up.  Once cold, remove and dip each ball into melted chocolate.  Drizzle with a contrasting color of chocolate and then put back in the refrigerator to harden up.

That's it!  Easy, isn't it!



So, when you get asked by a girl scout if you would like to buy a box of cookies, say yes.  In fact, get a few boxes. 

There are so many great recipes that use the cookies that you will be happy you did.  Plus, if you don't feel like cooking up anything, they are wonderful alone!

If you have not been asked to buy any cookies and you live in Orange County CA, let me know, I'm a girl scout leader and would be happy to bring you as many boxes as you would like.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

These look gorgeous and I'm sure they taste DELICIOUS! And using only cream cheese probably ensures they aren't TOO sweet. Thanks for the details!

Attic Clutter said...

oh yummmmm (:)