Sunday, December 11, 2011

IT WAS A COOKIE AND FUDGE KIND OF DAY


Every year I do a lot of baking for Christmas.  This year, I got started today.  My sister came over and we spent hours baking cookies and making fudge.  It was so fun.

We made Hershey's Peanut butter Blossoms.  I'm not a fan of anything peanut butter, except peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I don't like peanut butter cookies, peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter candy or anything.

But, my great niece loves peanut butter and asked if we would make these for her so we did.

They are very easy to make.  I just googled Hershey's Peanut Butter Blossoms and got the recipe.  We ended up making several batches.


Chocolate Fudge is something we always make.  It's great to give as gifts.  I like to wrap it up in cute containers and give it to my friends and neighbors.

I love nuts.  So, my fudge always has walnuts in it...unless someone requests that I leave them out.

I use the recipe on the back of Marshmallow Fluff jars.  I use 1 package milk chocolate chips and 1/2 of a bag of semi sweet chips. 

We also made several batches of Snowball cookies.  These are my favorite.  The ones shown have received their first coating of powdered sugar.  They still need the 2nd coat they get once they are completely warm.

I don't know why I never bake these at any other time but Christmas time. 

Do you have certain things you bake only for the Holidays?  I guess by not making them other times of the years it keeps them special for Christmas.

I still will bake lots more before Christmas actual is here.  What are some of your favorite cookies to make?

No comments: