Saturday, December 10, 2011

CHRISTMAS PENGUIN PARTY


Most of you know I'm a Girl Scout leader.  I love it.  I have the best group of girls.  They are all so fun and well behaved.

At our next meeting we are going to have our Christmas party.  Evey year we have a different theme. 

This year our theme is Christmas penguins.  I've been collecting things for this party for a year now.  Last year I already knew what I wanted to do. 

The good thing about planning early is you can stock up and buy things when you find them and you are not out rushing around trying to find stuff. 

The bad thing about planning early was, I now have more girls then I did last year.  So, I had not bought enough.  That meant I was out driving around town trying to find more of things I bought before.

Well, that didn't always work because some of the things were no longer sold in the stores.  I finally had to accept that I could either buy all new items or I could buy other items and the girls could end up with slightly different things.  Which is what I did.

It all started when I was at a thrift store last year and found the Christmas Penguin cookie jar.  I thought that would be a cute start for the table center piece.  Then I found the plates and napkins on line.  They were discontinues so I got a great deal. 

The little toys, candy and note books I found at Michael's this year.  I love the little packs of tissue.

The little stuffed animals came from Target.  The cute slipper socks were a real find at Big Lots.  I should have gotten me a pair.  What was I thinking?

I got the little penguin bowl at the Dollar Tree and the little foil wrapped pigeons at Target.

Every year I get the girls an ornament and write on the back the year and Girl Scouts so they will remember the theme of our party.  I got the ornaments at Michael's also.

The darling little snow globes came from Dollar Tree.  I bought them last year and then I was so lucky that they sold them again this year so I could get all the girls the same one.  I'll use these on the table and they can take them home afterwards.

We will do crafts, have dinner, do a gift exchange and have a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to it. 

No comments: