Sunday, December 12, 2010

THE NUTCRACKER BALLET

When I was in my 20's, my best friend and I would go every year to see the Nutcracker Ballet. We saw shows from little community centers all the way up to seeing the top Ballet dancer, Baryshnikov.

It didn't matter, we loved all of them.


Now that I'm a Girl Scout leader, I wanted to share that love with my girls. So, I took them yesterday to see the Nutcracker Ballet.

I even gave them all their very own little Nutcracker with the year written on the bottom so they could remember it always.

They all really enjoyed it and had a great time. It was nice being able to share my love of the Nutcracker with them.


If you have never seen the Nutcracker, it is a story about a little girl name Claire. It takes place on Christmas Eve and she is given a Nutcracker as a gift. The other children end up breaking it but a magician sprinkles magic dust on it.

Claire goes to sleep and dreams of the Nutcracker coming to life. Sugar Plums and Toys come to life and dance around. The Christmas Tree grows and grows. It is a child's fantasy come to life.


I wasn't sure if the girls would really enjoy a Ballet or not. But, much to my surprise, they loved it.



Some of the girls even decided to start their very own collection of Nutcrackers. I told my great niece, Trinity, that I would give her the Nutcrackers I have collected over the years.

I'm so happy I finally have someone to hand down my collections to.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rach said...

I have seen this a couple times. Love it! Hope I have a girl someday to take her. They also have a "brunch with the fairies." How fun!

Michelle said...

Jesse loved it. She has always loved nutcrackers and likes to pick them out. She hung the one you gave her on the tree.

Thanks for taking the troop. You are a great leader!