Saturday, October 1, 2011

MOVE OVER CUPCAKES and CAKE POPS ~ THERE IS A NEW SWEET IN TOWN

It seems like every so often there comes a new trend that seems to flood the market.

Right now that trend is French Macaroons.  If you have not yet tried these, you must rush out and give your taste buds a treat.

They are delightful little cookies that has a light crunch on the outside and a creamy flavorful inside.

The colors range from white to pastels to bright deep hues.


We have a new French cafe that opened up down the street from me.  It's owned by a French man who has earned top awards in both pastries and chocolate while living in Paris. 

When I saw he had several flavors in his case full of wonderful treats, I had to try them.

I can't really say if I'm thrilled I did or sorry I did.  You see, now that I have tried them, I want them every day!

They have the best flavors.  They have just about any fruit flavor you can think of.  Nut flavors and even some french flower flavors!

So tell me, have you had any of these wonderful little treats yourself?  If so, what was your favorite flavor?  So far, I think mine is the lemon or the raspberry ones.

3 comments:

Kimberly Kay said...

These look amazing! Please let me know where this place is, my girls will LOVE how pretty they are!

Nancy's Notes said...

They sound scrumptious! They look like something that I must have! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I love them too! I learned how to make them a few years ago, but so far have only tried a few flavors. I need to branch out and try some more!