Wednesday, June 12, 2013

PRINCESS DIANA'S EXHIBIT ON THE QUEEN MARY



 I have always been a big fan of Princess Diana and was so sad when she was killed.  I found her to be beautiful, friendly, down to Earth and lovely.  She had such grace and of course her fashion style was always perfect. 

When I found out that there was an exhibit of her clothes at the Queen Mary I knew it was only a matter of time before I went there.

Yesterday, was the day I got to enjoy seeing, reading and taking in the exhibit.  It was much bigger then I thought it would be.



The above are only a handful of dresses you get to see. 


I found photos on line showing Princess Diana wearing those same dresses.  The blue dress originally had sleeves and a higher neck line because this was worn in the middle East.  But then, she had them changed and wore the dress again.  It really gave it a different look.

She was tall and slender.  So beautiful.

I have to admit I was taken back a little by some of the dresses.  They reminded me of dresses I've seen that were worn in movies.  They are beautiful and photograph well.  However, they seem a bit cheaply made or the material is not what you think it would like.

I have no doubts that every dress she wore cost a lot of money and were made by the top designers.  She looked great in each outfit she wore.  However, they just didn't all look so high quality as they did in photos and videos.

There was a lot of royal history in the exhibit and not just all about Princess Diana.  It was nice to see stuff there on the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth and even Prince Williams and Kate and Prince Henry.

The only down fall of the whole tour is that they do not allow you take photos.  I was able to snap a few and out in the gift shop but that was it. 

I enjoyed seeing the crowns and the gifts that the Royal family would often give to people.  They were not expensive gifts at all.  Things like a picture frame, a date book and even a fruit cake. 

There was one area that showed cards that Princess Diana had sent.  They were not the stuff type of cards you would expect a princess to send.  They were funny.  Even some a bit on the risky side.  They really showed her humor.

I really enjoyed going.  I hope if you get a chance to go, you do.  I hear there are exhibits with other items all over the world to enjoy.

I, for one, will always remember Princess Diana and now I feel like I got to know a little bit better.

1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

I would have loved to had seen this...I share the same feelings about Princess Diana. I'm a little shocked to hear that the dresses weren't of good quality since she had so many fabulous designers...very confusing.

I saw an exhibit of some of her letters and personal belongings in Chicago...I was just overwhelmed with sadness that she has such a short life.


Thanks for a great post.

Xo,
Jane