Sunday, November 6, 2011

THANKSGIVING MOVIES

It seems like everyone has their favorite Christmas movies they love to watch every year.  You can find rows and rows of Christmas theme movies at all the stores now. 

Though for me, it's still a bit early to start watching them.  I don't want to get burned out before Christmas is even here.

But, I do love holiday movies.  So, I'm going to start enjoying movies about Thanksgiving.    What?  You didn't know there were Thanksgiving movies?  Seems like a lot of people don't. 

Yet, you can now load up your video library too with all these fun movies and watch them year after year.

I'm going to give you some of my favorites.

 I love, love, love this movie!  It is heartwarming, funny, sometimes sad and very entertaining.  If you ever had a big family gather at Thanksgiving, you will enjoy watching this movie.

It is about four different families celebrating Thanksgiving in Los Angeles.  They all come from different ethnic and economic backgrounds.

Of course, they all their own problems to deal with.  Very interesting to see the difference in the way this Holiday is celebrated in different families.

This is a movie that not everyone may enjoy.  However, I adore.  It is not for little children.

Talk about a dysfunctional family!  If you ever thought you had a crazy mixed up family this will make you very happy to see how normal your family is.

A single mother loses her job and goes home for the Holiday.  Only to have to deal with her family and all the day to day life that she has managed to escape by moving away.

I found that I was laughing throughout the whole movie and I'm once again, looking forward to watching this movie this year.

Yet, what could be a better family movie that both children and adults will love?  Of course Charlie Browns Thanksgiving.

Peppermint Patty invites herself and all her friends over to Charlie Brown's house for Thanksgiving.  Good 'ol Charlie Brown does his best to throw a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner for all.

Trains, Planes and Automobiles is another Thanksgiving Day classic.

All poor Neal wants to do is get home to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family.  Yet, his flight has been cancelled due to bad weather and he finds himself hooked up with a stranger that he can't really stand to be around. 

The two of them have a long journey home with all sorts of mishaps.

Funny and yet very heartwarming.

I'm not normally a Katie Holmes fan but I really did enjoy her in this movie, Pieces of April.

It is about a wayward daughter, living in New York, who has invited her dying mother and the rest of her family over for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Her oven doesn't work, her boyfriend that is not liked by her mother, is trying to find a suit to look nice and her mother is very hard to please.

This movie is enjoyable to watch and shows how families can make or break a Holiday.

I hope I have given you a few ideas of how you too can watch some great holiday movies without getting burned out by Christmas movies.

3 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Thanks so much for this post. I copied it and am planning to rent one of them this weekend.

I am one of those who did not realize there were classic TG movies. I have not seen any of these.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I need some thanksgiving movies to put me in the holiday mood! Thanks for sharing :)

Glenda said...

The Family Stone, with Diane Keaton and Sarah Jessica Parker is a favorite of mine for the Holiday's.

Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.


Ciao