Friday, November 25, 2011

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Thanksgiving is over and so that means it's officially Christmas time! 

Yes, I know there have been songs playing on the radio, the stores have been selling Christmas things for months, Christmas movies have already been on the TV.   But, to me, it's not really Christmas time until after Thanksgiving.

That's when I can start to decorate, bake cookies, wrap presents and send out my cards.

Normally, I have everything planned out.  This year, I have not planned anything.  I have no idea how I'm going to decorate.  I think I'll do simple this year.  More child like.  With a touch of Disney style.
Or maybe I'll do gold.  Lot's of sparkles.  Though I have been thinking about doing red with the turquoise blue.  More retro style.

Who knows.  I guess I'll figure it out once I hit the storage area and start to go through boxes. 

Heck, I have not even picked out my wrapping paper.  I'll do that once I figure out what theme I'm going with. 

I can't believe in one month it will be Christmas and I have not started to plan.  YIKES!  I better get to work.

How about you?  Do you know what you are doing yet?  I know several of you already have your decorations out and everything. 

Well, one thing I have done already is, I've talked to Santa.  I was at the mall and no one was around him.  As I walked by the guy working there said my sister and I should go in and say hi to Santa.  So, we did! 

I have always had a soft spot for Santa.  Every time I see him I feel like a kid again.  I love Santa!

3 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm also a life long Santa Claus admirer, Joanne. I collect Santa figurines and have a Pinterest board devoted to him :)

I will not be decorating as much as usual this year as I will be spending part of December in Colorado with my kids and grand kids. I'll have to enjoy all the decorations in blog land!

RachelD said...

It's always so lovely to have you drop in at LAWN TEA!! And to come over and see your bright beginnings for Christmas decorating!

We have almost always put up our trees "tomorrow"---Sunday after Thanksgiving, and I don't know if DD wants to begin then. We were so busy all day Friday that I just got the last holiday dishes done TODAY.

And maybe SOMEDAY we'll use up all that fabulous burgundy ribbon and papers that we've used for years "to go with the couch" by the main tree!!

Best wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season!

rachel

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I didn't realize how much I've missed you until I began reading your post..and then YOU came back to me. Your sweetness, friendliness and how talented you are.
Merry Christmas, dear friend!
Mona