Thursday, June 9, 2011

LITE STRAWBERRY CHEESE CAKE



I've now been on Weight Watchers for a month.  I'm down 12.4 lbs and am very happy with this new program. 

Last weekend I took my Girl Scout Troop camping and even ate cookies, chips, candy and S'Mores.  I still lost 1.2 lbs this week. 

It's not really what you eat as how much you eat.  Nothing is off limits on Weight Watchers and that is why I love it. 

It's not always easy though.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm a big time emotional eater and so I have been working hard on figuring out if I'm really hungry and need to eat or if I just want to eat to stuff my emotions down.

I'm very blessed and have very, very little stress in my life.  But, I have found that I eat when I'm tired, board or just out of habit.  Late night, when everyone is in bed sleeping and I'm still up is when I find myself wanting to eat.  But, now I have been getting to bed earlier and I no longer have my midnight snacks. 

I'm also sleeping better and I get up earlier.  I feel like I have a little bit more energy too.

I still love my sweets though.  I've been trying out new recipes and this week I'm going to share one I found for Strawberry Cheesecake.  I can't say it was my favorite cheesecake ever but it is pretty good and you get a nice size piece too.  Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Lite Strawberry Cheesecake

1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 Tablespoon melted butter
8 oz package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of sugar
6 oz. fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
2 egg whites
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tablespoon flour
1/4 cup sugar free strawberry jam

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat an 8 inch square baking pan with non stick spray.

Mix together graham cracker crumbs & butter with fork until evenly moistened.  Press evenly onto bottom of pan.  Set aside.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer.  Add in yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice and flour. 

Poor over graham cracker crust.

In small bowl, stir jam until smooth.  Drop by spoonfuls over cheesecake mixture.  Using a knife, swirl jam to create marble effect.

Bake 25 to 30 mins or until center is almost set.  Do not over cook.  Cool to room temperature and then place in refrigerator for a few hours or over night.

When ready to serve cut in 9 pieces.  Three rows down and three rows across.  Enjoy!

One serving is on piece.  Each piece is 4 points.  Calories are about 135 per slice.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations, Joanne...you are doing really well!! I'm so happy for you. I was on WW for awhile and I still follow a lot of their basics...portion control, etc. I eat out of boredom, too and it sounds easy to stop doing so, but it's not! And I do love my sweets!

I will definitely put this recipe in my file, it looks delicious!

XO,
Jane