Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A DIFFERENT TYPE OF VEGAS TRIP



I just got back from Las Vegas and this trip was much different then the other trips I've had to Vegas.

My sister, Maureen and I decided to go explore and see what we could find. So, after a long night of gambling, we slept in, had breakfast and then set out on our adventure.



Have you ever watched the TV show, Pawn Stars? I've only seen bits and pieces of it but Maureen loves it.

We drove down Las Vegas Blvd and found the location of the real Pawn Shop that the show is filmed at.

Looks like we were not the only ones who had this idea. It was crazy there!



Turned out that they were actually filming and so everyone had to wait outside until they were finished.

We were lucky because about two minutes after we got there, they opened the doors and let people in.



It's not that big of a place so they only let so many in at a time.



I don't know why, but, I was surprised to find they had a gift shop there. Of course, everything had to do with the show.



It seemed like most of the sales were coming from the t-shirts, hats, mugs and videos of the show.



I don't think I've ever been in a pawn shop before. It was kind of fun to walk around and see what people sold in order to pay a few bills.

I loved this old slot machine. It was my favorite item in the store.



I bet this old cash register has a fun history behind it.



Of course, there was the diamonds and other jewelry that you would expect to find in a pawn shop. I wonder if any of them came from the old MOB that used to run Vegas.

Sorry about the quality of my photos. I need a new camera! I should have looked to see if they had any good deals.



If you were a sports fan, you would have enjoyed looking at these beauties. They were rings from some of the biggest games ever played. They even had one ring that came from a SUPER BOWL star.



It was actually kind of sad to see some of these items because you knew that people who once were on top had fallen down. Once looked upon as a hero on top of the world was now forced to sell their items just to pay the bills.

Like these Olympic Gold Metals and a Championship Boxing Belt.



You could even buy a fancy motorcycle here.



I also loved this. I wonder how many old love songs were played on this.



An old Coke machine. Back from when a Coke could be purchased for only a dime and it came in the glass bottles. Oh, the good ol' days!



Even old vintage bikes waited for someone to buy them.



Vintage Circus posters were fun to look at.



Some things were not for sale. Those were the items the owner had for his own collection and were just to look at and enjoy.

Like this old Mourning Brooch from the 1800's.



If you watch the show then you may remember these items. They are Faberge Brooches.

While I found them to be rather ugly, they must cost an arm and a leg to purchase because they didn't even a price listed on them.



I asked what the most rare item was in the shop and I was told this old sword. It's from the 1400's and was not for sale.

They really did have some very interesting and fun items. I highly recommend going to check things out if you are in town. You never know what you may find there.



As we were leaving, I heard a group getting loud and they started to follow a few guys. Then someone said it was one of the stars of the shows. A guy named Chumlee or Hoss, I'm not sure who is who.

I tried to get his picture but he refused to turn around to wave or say hi to the crowd. He quickly got in his car and as you can see, I only got a shot of his heavily tattooed arm.

Even though I'm not a big fan of the show, it was still a fun outing. I'm happy we went.

It made me want to watch the show now.

Tomorrow, I'll show you another different place we went to.

Photobucket

No comments: