Sunday, September 12, 2010

SO MUCH BEAUTY AND PEACE INSIDE



This weekend, my family and I decided to take trip to San Juan Capistrano and go church together.

The church is right next to the Mission that was founded by Father Junipero Serra and outside stands a likeness of him.



While this church is not inside the Mission grounds, it is still on the original grounds of the Mission back in the 1700's.

The first church at the Mission was destroyed in an Earthquake in 1812 and some of the old walls are still there to see.

This church was built in the same style as that church.




Though not exactly the same, you can see the Spanish feel of the church.


Most people enter through the side doors as they are near the parking lot.

Above the doors I found such beauty.



This is the holy water area Catholic's use to bless themselves as they walk in or leave the church. It's made out of all marble.




The hymnal books are lined up neatly and as you enter you may take one so you can sing along.




The front is just breath taking! It is all gold. I'm sure it's just gold leaf but it sure shines like pure gold.




The alter is very big and majestic. Very pretty.



The light fixtures are grand crystal chandeliers. As the sunshine hits the crystal, lovely bursts of color dances throughout the church.



The walls are even beautiful.




Even when you look up, it is a sight to be seen.




I thought it was one of most pretty churches I've been in. It felt so peaceful in there too.




I adore this angel! I think she is so pretty.





The place they hold the baptisms is also made out of marble. Very nice.

It was great going to church here as a family. We have not done that for years and years. I'm really happy we went to this church. It was so pretty, had a lot of history and was very heart warming.

You don't have to be a Catholic to enjoy the beauty of this church. If you are ever in the area, I hope you will stop in and see for yourself just how wonderful it is.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

It is beautiful, and yes looks very peaceful. It has been a very sad anniversary of 9/11. Good place to pray .

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I enjoyed seeing this beautiful church, Joanne. I've seen two mission churches before --one in San Francisco and one in San Antonio. Hopefully I'll be able to see the one in San Juan Capistrano someday!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Joanne...I LOVE that place!

How are you? I am fine...doing fine.
Things have been quiet..but we are still NOT alone.
Hugs,

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What an incredible place Joanne! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Hope all is well with you and your family!

big hugs, SHerry