Sunday, June 6, 2010

I HAVE A CHANGE OF HERAT!

I had my garage sale this weekend. I know I told you all I hated everything about having a garage sale. But, I've had a change of heart.

We got up at 5:00am (still hate that part) and set everything out. Even though I advertised no early birds, people still started to come a little after 6:00am. Our sale was set to start at 7:30am.

People were buying things like crazy before we even had 1/2 of the things unpacked. So between customers we quickly pulled things out of the boxes and sat them out.

I had planned on setting things up so it was pretty and organized like a little store. We had no time for that and no one seemed to care.

I don't think we went for more then a minute or two without having someone shopping and buying.

Where I live we can only have a garage sale four times a year. This weekend was the first time this year our city could have one and I think everyone was out either shopping or having their own sale.

I was worried I was going to have done all this work getting ready and then only sale about $100. I was shocked to see in only 5 1/2 hours I made close to $1600.00! Wow!

That is when my change of heart took place. It all became totally worth it.

Plus, we had so many nice people show up. We had a lot of laughs and everyone was so friendly and in a good mood.

Sadly we did have a few things stolen from us and I did have a few people try to get a lower price even though my prices were rock bottom. But, even those things didn't put a damper on the day.

When it was over, we still had lots of stuff. I packed up three car loads and took them to Goodwill. I had a super heavy solid steel work bench, a large table and a huge bag of packing peanuts that I listed as free on Craigslist.

By the time I got home from my third trip to the Goodwill, the table was gone. Then last night some time before 11:00pm the work bench and packing peanuts were gone! Yeah!

We have so much room in our garage now and I have some space in storage to move around.

It went so well that I'm planning on having another one in three months. It will be a great reason for me to go through all the things I have in storage and get rid of a lot of it.

So for those you, who are like I was, give it another shot. You too may have a change of heart.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Donna said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Joanne - that is FANTASTIC!!... Donna