Saturday, October 11, 2008

BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN

This year I'm going to decorate in mostly black and white for Halloween.

I started to buy stuff last year once everything was on clearance. I got things for at least 50% off and some as low as 90% off!
I've only gotten my fireplace decorated so far.


I'm not sure if I'll change it or not. I think it's ok. What do you think?


I've got Martha Stewart bats flying out of the fireplace up the wall.



The black stand I have the white pumpkin on I got from TJ Maxx. It was in really bad condition and was silver with a lot of the paint chipped off. I found it in the clearance section and knew right away what I would do with it.

A little black paint and black glitter and I had my pumpkin stand!

I also got the picture frame on clearance at TJ Maxx. It also got painted black and sprinkled with black glitter. The little white pumpkin is real and was only 43 cents at Vons.

The crow and sign was from Target last year. I think they were only $1.50 each.


I have wanted to use this vintage witch picture for years. I finally got to this year. I just love those little women dressed up drinking tea.


These pumpkins were 75% off at Target last year. I love the black & white polka dots on the stem of the big one. The black glitter BOO sign I got at a cute little shop in Oak Glen, which is up in the mountains. We go there once a year so this sign brings back fun memories.


This black wicker pumpkin was 90% off and I didn't really like it when I saw it but I think it looks good with all the other things around.


Sadly, I couldn't find any of the black crows with feathers. But, I did find this black owl. His eyes look pretty creepy to me.

Well, that's all I've gotten up so far. I have lots more to do but being sick is keeping me from doing it all at once.

I'll post more as I dig things out.

Hugs,
Joanne

9 comments:

cherished*vintage said...

Love your black and white Halloween mantel display! I'm trying to get Halloween decorating ideas today. I so happy I came across yours!
-Karoline

Glenda said...

I like the black and white.

I also like that big crow. I have only decorated my coffee table. That's as far as I can take it.

Great job.

Ciao

Lindsay-ann said...

Your black and white theme looks great. I really like the white pumpkins and the wicker one too. We don't decorate for halloween so much over here. I have done in the past if Jessica has had a halloween party. You are making me want to decorate this year just for fun.

Connie said...

Downright spookyyyyyyy, sweet chickee!! I had to laugh at the witch picture. I was wondering if it was your relatives.......LOL LOL Sorry, I have a warped sense of humor......
Smooches,
Connie

Gypsy aka Tam said...

I like all of your black and white decorations. It's such a classy look. Did you check Joann's and Michaels for the featherd crows? I found mine there. Black/White plus a splash of orange has been my Halloween decorating theme this year as well.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Joanne!

Your mantel looks wonderful! A black and white halloween looks so eleagnt and your really did get some wonderful bargains last year. I love the witch photo ...too funny!

Feel better soon! Have you seen your doctor? My daughter has a bad cold and had to go on antibiotics as it turned into bronchitis. :-(

Hugs, Pat

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!
Your mantle looks awesome! I think it's perfect!! The black & white is so in this year, I love the look! I must say the owl is REALLY spooky!! LOL
I'm so sorry your now feeling better. Have you been to the doctor? You need some good chicken soup, and if I were in CA I would bring you some!
The photos of your trip are really good! Looks like a bit of paradise there. That little monkey is so cute, I'd want to bring that little guy home too! Can you imagine trying to catch him as he leaped around from furniture to curtain to your favorite china dish? LOL So maybe it's good he stayed at his house!
Sending big hugs to help you feel better & praying for you. Sherry

Classics and Country said...

Wow! I just love decorating in Black and White for Halloween. You did a great job, how creative.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Everything looks great Joanne! I LOVE the witches tea!!!! That is so fun!