Saturday, August 2, 2008

TEA AND COOKIES ANY ONE?

Years ago, I had a friend, who made the best Orange Cookies. She would only make them once a year, at Christmas time. She would never share her recipe with anyone. So, I decided to do a search, on the Internet, for Orange Cookies. One by one I am going to try them out. I know it has to be out there somewhere. She said her mother got when she was little, off the back of a C&H Powdered sugar box.
I thought it would be nice to invite you over. You can try them out with me and have a cup of tea. Well, I don't care for tea but I do like to put my diet coke in the pretty tea cups.

How about you? Would you like tea or something else in your tea cup?


OK, here you go. I'm letting you have my favorite tea cup. It's a pretty pale green with dainty pink Roses and Lilly of the Valley flowers.


I like this other tea cup too. It is white with a pretty pale green boarder, trimmed in gold and has tiny pink roses around the saucer and on the tea cup. Both inside and out.

Well I really liked these cookies but it's not the recipe I was looking for. What did you think? Do you like them?

I think I will keep searching for the recipe. You don't happen to have it do you?

For those of you who would like to bake these Orange Cookies for yourself this is the recipe:

ORANGE COOKIES


2 cups of sugar 2 eggs


1 cup sour milk - this is just 1 cup of milk with a Tlbs of lemon juice or white distilled vinegar that you mix and let sit for 15 mins.


1 tsp baking powder


1/2 cup shortening


juice and grated rind of 1 orange - only use orange portion of the rind.


1 tsp. baking soda


5 1/2 cups flour


Mix and drop by spoon. Bake in 350 oven 12-15 mins.


Icing:


1 lb powdered sugar


1 tsp. butter


juice and grated rind of 1 orange - again, only use orange part of rind.


Mix well. Put on top of cookies when cool. Then, serve and enjoy!


Hope you enjoyed having tea and cookies with me. I enjoyed having you over.


Hugs,
Joanne

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tea was wonderful and so were the cookies! Thanks for inviting me to share!

Darlene said...

The cookies were delicious and I had Crystal Light Peach Tea in my beautiful teacup. Thank you so much for sharing your treats with us.

Glenda said...

Why don't you contact C & H and see if the can send you the recipe for them. I would think they would have it in their archives.

I went to their site and the have one for orange oatmeal cookies.

Ciao

emily said...

Your teap cups are so pretty, what a nice tea party set you made! I must try those orange cookie receipe, they sound yummy!!

Blogger said...

Those sound and look delish!

I just love your Fleur de Lis plate! How cute is that!!!

Bella :)

Lorilee said...

You lay a beautiful table! I love Earl Grey tea! I hope you find the recipe you are looking for. It sounds refreshing and yummy! I throw a Cookie swap party each Christmas, this will be the 5th year! I am alway looking for a new fantastic cookie!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your cookies look good! It's too bad your friend won't share her recipe :(


I'd love to join you for tea and cookies. I like all kinds of teas and coffee would be great too! :-)

Hugs, Pat

Renee said...

You've been tagged!! Check out my blog!!!
-Renee

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

The tea was delicious in those adorable tea cups...I'm not sire if these are the right ones. Perhaps we should try another recipe soon........

Jackie said...

I will take my coffee black please! ty. Loved the post, I will try the cookie recipe soon and let you know how it turns out! Love the tea cups, especially white with gold. Thanks for sharing!
Jackie

Judy said...

Thank you so much for the tea. I enjoyed using one of your special cups and the cookies were wonderful. I have never made orange cookies before I may have to search for a good recipe too. I'll let you know.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Joanne,
Coffee, tea diet coke, ice tea, and cookies sound good to me. I'm trying to give up diet coke..Your tea cup is very pretty. Your photos are always so nice. I've got to save up for a better camera.
I don't drink coffee.. it just sounded good. Trying to be witty :)
Warmly, DEb

Connie said...

They look divine and sound luscious, honey pie. I think I'll try the recipe......
Smoochies,
Connie

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

I'll have some diet coke in my teacup please.
What a yummy recipe. I will need to try this out. How is this recipe different from the one you are looking for?

Irma :)

Joyce's Journey said...

Joanne - you are so funny! I really don't like tea either, but never drank diet coke in a pretty tea cup!!! I love it!!!

Try Allrecipes.com. I lost a wonderful Italian Cookie recipe, but found it on that site. Then I wound up finding the recipe and it was the exact one I found on All Recipes. These orange cookies do look good. They kinda look like the Italian cookies I make. Thanks for sharing!!

Linda said...

Thank you so much for the tea and cookies...well, the pepsi in my cup. I'm not a tea drinker either.

The cookies were delish and you better believe I'm going to try out the recipe...thank you!

You're such a wonderful hostess!

bj said...

There's a recipe for ORANGE CRANBERRY SPICE COOKIES listed on the chsugar.com site that sounds like what you might be looking for. They sound as if they would be made at Christmas time...
Good luck...bj

suzanne said...

Those cookies look so wonderful. I will have to try them.
suzanne

Elle Jay Bee said...

These look mouth watering!! My mum loves anything with orange in it, so I will definitely be giving these a try...

Beautiful blog you have, I must add!!

Linda

Kristi Price said...

Looks like you girls had a great time! I love the stained glass windows in the restaurant, so pretty! Somehow, I bet the food is pretty durn good there too.

Kristi Price said...

oops, wrong post. ;-)