Thursday, April 24, 2008

Just starting out

Welcome to my new blog site. I thought I would join the rest of the world and start blogging what is going on in my life.

I stumbled upon Cindy's lovely blog at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ and quickly fell in love with her whole home. So I decided to try to recreate it as closely as I could.

Since she found most of her things at thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets I know I can't just copy it but rather I have to be thrifty and crafty and find things that can give the appearance of this romantic cottage look.

Today I ventured out to the thrift stores and found a few items I was thrilled with. I spent less then $10 so that was even better! I even found a headboard for only $3.00 but I was to scared to get it as I was thinking I may not be able to paint it up cute. But now that I'm home I can't stop thinking of it and so I'm going back to get it......if it's still there.

I've posted a few photos to share those items with you.

I now have lots of things ready for my new bedroom. I have lace curtains, bird cages, candles and my good friend Sandra is going to let me go through her collection of vintage hankies so I can have a swag up just like Cindy.

So follow along with me and watch my bedroom get transformed.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm so honored that you are using my bedroom as your inspiration! That is the nicest compliment I could ever receive!

Welcome to blogging, I hope you find it as fun as I have!