Wednesday, May 18, 2011

6 POINT SPINACH CHEESE TORTELLINI

Tonight I wanted to make something easy, quick and full of flavor. This dish fit those requirements perfectly.

I found this recipe on line but, I changed it up a little bit. I wish I could give credit to who posted this but I printed out so many recipes ages ago that I no longer remember where I got them. So, if this is yours, please let me know so I can give you credit.


For those of you who are not on Weight Watchers, you will still enjoy this dish. It does not taste like a "diet" food at all.

For those of you who are on other plans and wanted to know the calories, it comes out to 227 calories per serving. A serving is 1 1/2 cups.



Here is the recipe:


2 tsp butter
2 stalks of celery finely chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
2 minced cloves of garlic
6 cups chicken broth (you may use vegetable broth if you like)
2 cups chicken stock
3 cups water
3 Tablespoons of Parmigiano grated
20 oz tortellini (pick your flavor) I used cheese tortellini
pepper to taste
salt to taste
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
2 cups spinach
more Parmigiano to garnish with

In large pot, melt butter and add celery, carrot, garlic and onion. Cook over low heat, covered, for about 8-10 mins or until tender.

Add chicken broth, stock and water. Bring to boil. Add grated parmigiano cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir. Reduce heat to low and add tortellini. Cook until tortellini is cooked (per package).

Add spinach. It will wilt pretty fast. Stir and serve. Top with a garnish of more grated Parmigiano cheese. Enjoy!

I think next time I make this I'm going to add some asparagus along with the spinach.

I go weigh in at Weight Watchers tomorrow. I know I forgot to post about my weigh in last week. Sorry.

I have lost a total of 8 lbs in two weeks. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow to see what I lost this week.

I also wanted to thank everyone who wrote to me and told me how I have been an inspiration to help you lose weight. Not only this time but the last time I was on Weight Watchers. I had no idea!

I think that now I know I will be able to do even better because I don't want to let anyone down.

Together, we will make it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bobbi & Noe said...

Your recipes have me drooling! I hope everything is good with you this summer. Saw your weight loss stats...so inspiring. I wish you lived next door to slap my hand when I want to eat!