Wednesday, November 17, 2010

GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN



Being a Girl Scout Troop Leader can be a lot of work. But, it sure can be a lot of fun too!

I've only been a Troop Leader for about 4 months and we have done so many things.

We have done three community service projects. We handed out water at 9-11 Run for the Hero's 5K, made happy socks for the cats at a rescue place and collected cans of food for the poor.

We made rootbeer floats, caramel apples and apple crisp..

We went to a Science Festival, Camp Scherman, Boo at the Zoo, Wild Animal Park and walked in a parade at the Angle Game.

We made several crafts that include cards, journals and Thanksgiving decorations.

In the next few weeks we will be helping to decorate floats for the Rose Parade that is on New Years Day, going to donate over 100 lbs of pasta, cases of sauce and lots of bread for a restaurant that makes dinner every night for over 100 Motel Kids.

We are going to go serve the dinner to the Motel Kids and hand out stuffed animals and books to all of them.

We are going to go Christmas caroling at the Senior Retirement Home and hand out reindeer that are made out of candy canes to the residents.

Then we will be going to see the Nutcracker Ballet and making Christmas gifts for the parents, having a Christmas party and a movie night without any parents.

My only wish is that the girls are having as much fun as I am and that they will one day look back on these days with fond memories. I know I will.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

How cute! And you are a wonderful lady to enjoy it with them!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I was a Girl Scout and so were my girls. I have such wonderful memories of my Girl Scout days. I know you are having fun with your girls too. Enjoy! Love & blessings from NC!

Donna said...

Wow, Joanne, all you girls have been BUSY, having fun and helping others. How wonderful! Even though I don't always have time to post I've been keeping up with your posts.. Loved the one on the zoo where the animals roam free :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can just imagine how beautiful your table will be!... Donna

izzy said...

Now that's what fun is all about! Good job!

Tr. Izzy