Friday, April 17, 2009

A FUN DAY AT THE OC PET EXPO

Three days a year the Pet Expo comes to the Orange County Fair Grounds in CA.

They have buildings full of vendors selling tons of things. Everything of course is to make your pet happy, healthy and pretty.

I would venture to say that if it's not found at the Pet Expo then you most likely can't find it. Come along with me I'll show you a bit of what was there.

I saw this cute little pink pig. I thought she was so cute I just had to snap her picture.

As I got closer I notice a smell. What was it?

YIKES! There was smoke coming out the pink pigs nose. What! They were barbecuing pork in that cute pig. Something just seemed wrong with that.


I mean really! We are at a Pet Expo. You know, tons of animal lovers and animal activists are there. Cooking pigs just didn't seem right.

Come on! Quickly now! Let's look away.


Look at all the people who brought their own dogs with them. They were lined up here. But for what?

Oh how fun! It's a pool where the dogs can run and jump in and fetch a ball, swim to the side and get out.

Some dogs loved this! Couldn't get in the pool fast enough.


Others, well... maybe not so excited about going in.

This big beauty was just kicking back and relaxing. She didn't mind if you wanted to pet her. But, she wasn't going to get up for you to do it. You had to go to her.

Yes, I did! I couldn't resist petting her. I mean, come on, look at her. A big bundle of fur and love.


These two were mommy and son. They didn't look to pleased to be there with everyone looking at them and trying to stick their hands in to touch them.

This dog is a huge dog! Really more like a pony. But oh so sweet!


This little girl is just to cute for words. She was more then happy to pose for me while I took her picture.

There were lots and lots of animals up for adoption. These guys were doing their best to look cute and smile as they hoped the next person who walked by would take them home.

Of course, this was the bad part of the Expo for me. I wanted to take them all home.

There were so many different booths where you could purchase clothes, hats, jackets, scarfs and shoes for your dogs and cats.

Toys, toys and more toys. Every size, shape and color that your dog or cat could ever want.

Oh yes and birds! This one freaked me out how it would blow up and get so big I thought it was either going to fly away like a balloon or pop.

This picture shows the bird about 1/2 blown up.

Other birds had strange feet. They were covered with feathers.

The products went on and on. Every type of bathing and/or cleaning items for your pet.

Like these bottles here. You just put some on your dog or cat and the tear stains wash away. No more brown under the eyes.



Rows and rows of collars and leashes in many different designs.


Automatic feed dishes. Just dump in your big back of dry food and set the timer. Then when it's feeding time the food falls down and into the bowl. Your pet eats it and then it's ready for the next meal.

Perfect for those late nights when you can't get home in time to feed your dog.


There were beds fit for your little Prince or Princess to sleep in.

I would love to get my boys their own bed but I know they would push me out of bed and tell me to sleep there. After all, they already have a nice big bed...mine.

If your dog came to the Pet Expo in dire need of a bit of grooming, not to worry! You could get him/her all gussied up here.

How about a big helmet for your doggy house?

They even had live music playing while you walked around.


Over in the cat building there wasn't as much stuff for sale but there still was a lot. Cat trees in every size and shape. Toys, clothes, beds and brushes as well as every brand of cat food around.


Some of the cats were just breath taking. They looked like wild cats only in smaller domestic size bodies.

Some of the markings were so lovely.

Seems like rhinestone collars and leashes are a big deal for cats. More then dogs.

They even had a show with Movie animal trainers. This cat could do lots of tricks. Like play the piano.

I think the best trick was the way he could make his eyes glow. Oh wait, that could be my flash.

This cat liked to shop. She pushed her cart all the way across the stage for us.

We didn't go into the building with the snakes, lizards and fish. So I'm sorry for all you that are big fans but we ran out of time.

The Pet Expo is a wonderful place where you can see all the latest products out there for your fur babies. You can learn about clubs you can join for every breed of dog or cat.

It's a great place to get some doggy and kitty love. You can even help out with donations to the different rescue groups. The best thing though is you can come empty handed and leave with your very own dog or cat to love forever.
Photobucket

14 comments:

Allidink said...

Oh my gosh my family and I used to go to that every year. I love all the dog competitions, pig races, and cat shows LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Anonymous said...

What great photos of all the cute pup and kitties!
Thanks so much for sharing your day with us!

hugs,
Lynn

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a fun show for animal lovers. Loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Tara said...

Looks like a fun time. I loved the picture of the pomeranians, having one myself, I may be biased! The princess bed it too too cute. I don't know it my little princess would sleep in it though. She likes to cuddle with people.

Unknown said...

Oh, those kitty cats are so cute! I want to take one home with me!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!

What a great pet affair! Looked like fun!
I am in total awe of Susan Boyle & her voice!! She sends shivers up my spine when she sings.

I'm still thinking about the A Better Me thing. It's becoming a real struggle doing 2 posts a week.
Let me think on it this weekend and I'll email you.

Big hugs, Sherry

Debbie said...

Wow! I love the pet expo!! How very cool. That bird was just strange...I'm sorry...that would have freaked me out! The cat with the glowing eyes...nice touch! I'd love to go to an event like that. Thanks for sharing...I didn't even know they existed. Always an interesting blog.

Sometimes It's Good said...

I was thinking about going to this. Maybe I'll check it out.
Hugs, Susan

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Awww...this is just exactly the sort of thing I would expect such a pet lover as you to really enjoy!! I grinned at your reaction to the piggy with a pig roasting away inside! Not exactly what you would expect to find at a function such as this...I agree!!
I'm glad you had a wonderful time..
Take good care, Joanne.
Mona

princess said...

What fun!

PPPP

Glenda said...

I would love to find one around here. I would have had to love and pet them all.

Ciao

Jean Tuthill said...

I wish I were able to attend this show, looks like a lot of fun!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

You'd think with my being so close I would have been to one of these, but sadly I have not. One day I'll get there. I'm afraid it would be too hard to look at those pets that need homes and I'd want to bring them all home.
Hope you enjoyed this "hot" but "pretty" weekend.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Too funny those glowing cat eyes.
That inflatable bird.... Wouldn't that ability come in handy for all those holiday meals.

Sweet wishes.
Sara