Monday, June 27, 2011
It only cost $10 and all the money went to purchase Pet Oxygen Masks for the fire departments.
They are very important to have because a human mask does not work that well on pets. So, sadly many pets die when in a fire.
We were shown what to do if our pets were choking.
What to do in case of Heat Stroke, snake bites, Heart stop, not breathing, bee stings and several other things that could happen to our pets.
One tip was to keep your emergency kits near an outside wall. That way, should you have to knock down walls to get to them, it will just be one wall.
Also, keep your pets vet records in there in case something should happen to your vets off.
We sure did learn a lot of great information and I've very happy I went. I had been waiting to learn First Aid/CPR for my pets and I feel so much better now knowing I would know what to do rather then just panic.
I was thrilled when my number was called for the 2nd basket. Then when they called the number for the 3rd basket I couldn't believe it when they called another one of my tickets.
Rather then be greedy though, I told them to draw another number so someone else could win too.
The items that were in my basket that I won't use will be getting donated to one of our local Pet Shelters.
If you ever get a chance to take a class like this or join in a fundraiser to raise money for pet oxygen mask, I hope you will.
Your pets will thank you for it.