Friday, February 4, 2011

CUPCAKE VALENTINE'S DAY PARTY



It's getting close to Valentine's Day. I know this is true because I just went to my good friend, Sandra's, annual Valentine's Day party.

Every year she picks a theme and this year it was cupcakes.



It's so fun to go to her parties because it's almost like going on a mini scavenger hunt. Everywhere you turn you can find hidden areas that decked out with the theme.

Like in this corner. How cute! She even got her kids to dress up in a cupcake costume to make pictures!



Or, this little set up. So cute. Hey, I don't have that cupcake book! I think I need to go buy one.



Even the soap and towels in the bathroom are cupcakes. To cute!



She always has her mantel decorated to match the party theme too.



I love seeing how she dresses her little monkey from Build A Bear. This little monkey has become the parties mascot. It just wouldn't be a true Sandra party without her.



Her tablescape was done in pinks, brown and white.



I just adore the cupcake centerpiece. It's actually a cookie jar.



I love how she raised the cookie jar up on the white cake plates. Next to the them are two candle holders holding...what else? Cupcake candles.



Look at that! Even the ribbon that is around the cake plates have little cupcakes on it.



For the place cards she used these darling cupcake luggage tags with the guests name on the back where your address goes.

Where does she find these things?



Aren't these little salt and pepper shakers darling.



We always have a lunch. Everyone brings a dish and the spread is wonderful.



The theme, or holiday, is always brought into the food some how. Like the cute sandwiches that are heart shape.



But it was the desserts that took the cake (pun intended).

Sandra's daughter, Ashley, made these cute little cake pops in the shape of cupcakes. Not only were they the cutest things, they taste great too!



One of the guests, Ali, brought this cute dish. I fell in love with her clever way to present fruit. She layered the fruit to look like cupcakes.

This is an idea I will be using somewhere down the line for sure!



What would a cupcake theme party be without actual cupcakes!



Sandra used my cupcake stand. I love this stand but honestly, she has gotten way more use out of it then I have. I love having friends you can share things with. It always makes me feel good when someone borrows my things to use.



After eating, until we were so full we could hardly move, we all made some sweet cards that Sandra had designed.



I think there were 10 cards and they were all so cute.



She supplied all the items needed for all the cards. She covered her pool table and laid everything out for us to use as we wanted.



Then we had our gift exchange. We play the game where everyone gets a number and then opens a present when your number is called. You can steal from someone else if you really love something you see.

We were all very friendly this year and no one stole anything. Oh wait! Our hostess, Sandra, did steal from someone. Watch out Sandra, there is always next year to get even!



Once the fun was over and it was time to say good bye, we were greeted at the door with not one, but two party favors to take home.

One was these cute little cupcake note books.



The other one was these great jars full of cupcake items. Inside mason jars were cupcake liners, sprinkles, bags for the icing and icing tips. Everything you need to go home and make your own cute cupcakes.



A lovely little thank you note that says "Thanks for being so sweet and celebrating Valentines Day with me", was attached to each covered jar.

I don't think she left one thing out. The day was fun, a lot of laughs and getting to play catch up with the other girls. I had a great time!

Thank you Sandra for being my friend and inviting me to your party!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Sandra really knows how to throw a party...what a wonderful hostess she is. Where on earth did she find all the cupcake themes items? It all looks like so much fun, Joanne, I'm sure a wonderful time was had by all!

XO,
Jane

Kathleen said...

That was great! So many cute ideas. You can tell she put a lot of work into this party!
The cookie jar is adorable.
Love the whole thing!
Lucky you to have such a nice friend!

Lori said...

I wish I had been there, so absolutely adorable!!! Lori